Process Safety Management LyondellBasell United States
Company Name: LyondellBasell
Seniority Level: Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Fina Bayport Heliport, TX, US
The Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer is the process safety leader for the LyondellBasell Bayport Sites. The individual is responsible for coordinating and auditing PSM programs as well as identifying improvements to existing programs and developing and implementing improvement solutions. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, HSE, and global process safety.
Accountabilities And Responsibilities Of This Position Include
- Coordinate, audit, and develop improvements for OSHA Process Safety Management practices.
- Write and implement effective procedures that support process safety, including management of change procedure.
- Lead facility siting efforts for the Bayport Sites including coordinating risk modeling with outside vendors, interpreting results, and participating on facility siting projects.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators) to track PSM progress.
- Develop communication packages and present PSM and facility siting progress to company management.
- Coordinate operational excellence (OE) gap analysis and external OE audits
- Understand PSM implications of incidents and provide guidance to site for proper classification, investigation, and improvements.
- Coordinate process safety knowledge sharing across the Bayport Sites through the process safety journal.
- Communicate external process safety events to the site and share best practices identified within the company.
- Provide oversight and conduct audits for management of change (MOC), pre-start up safety review process (PSSR), and procedure to practice.
- Lead or participate on incident investigations.
- Participate in company process safety technical networks.
- Site lead for EPA risk management plan rule.
- Track and understand action items from process hazard analyses.
- Must possess a four-year applicable BS degree in engineering. Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a chemical or petrochemical facility.
- Must have the right to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM and related EPA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to present complex topics in a concise manner.
In addition to technical skills, proficiency in the following competencies should be demonstrated: Drive for Results, Champion of Change, Interpersonal Capability, Process and Safety, Management, Motivating Others, Integrity and Building Trust and Broad Perspective.