Process Safety Engineer United States (TEC Group)
Location: Baton Rouge, United States
Currently seeking an experienced R&T Engineer. The Process Engineering and Development group develops and executes projects to materially improve existing processes globally. The group also develops and implements plant processes for new products.
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.
- Collaborate with chemists and other engineers/scientists to scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to select the optimal process technology for each process step.
- Analyze existing process problems and define robust and innovative solutions with limited oversight.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop process design scope packages for new product commercialization, large debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E performance, etc. This can include leading and/or directing the efforts of less experienced engineers working on the project.
- Be a key member of commissioning and startup team for new project installations.
- Participate in troubleshooting of significant process issues, as needed.
- Actively contributing to the innovation and ideation process through the development and justification of new project proposals.
- Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
- Report writing, presentations, project management, and potentially supervision responsibilities.
- Continual development of professional skillset.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering with minimum 5 years of chemical industry experience or PhD in Chemical Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience.
- Significant proven experience in the areas of process development, operation and/or design
- Strong safety mindset
- Hands-on process startup and/or operations experience
- Strong command of chemical engineering fundamentals
- Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Initiative, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to periodically travel for domestic and international project assignments.
- Program / project leadership experience
- Experience leading other engineers and/or chemists
- Detailed design and/or troubleshooting knowledge of some common process equipment such as distillation columns, pumps, heat exchangers, reactors, filters, dryers, etc.
Applying for the job
Apply direct from the website by clicking Apply now.