Process Safety Engineer UK
Job Ref: VAC-61326
My Client in London is looking for a Process Safety Engineer on a contract basis. Rates negotiable, contract ongoing.
The candidate shall have the following skills/experience:
- Comprehensive experience of active and passive fire protection system design in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical industries.
- Active fire protection systems design, notably firewater systems (though potentially also including clean agent or inert gas systems in addition to firewater).
- Experience of design work to both onshore and offshore codes, standards and design principles.
- Direct experience of design for sour or toxic gas service.
- Specification of Passive Fire Proofing requirements.
- Process safety aspects of fire and gas detection systems, including toxic gas detection in addition to fire, heat, smoke, and flammable gas aspects.
- Preparation of process safety equipment design specifications.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following additional experience:
- Direct experience of modern ADNOC group standards and Codes of Practice.
- Familiarity with widely used process safety related international codes and standards (NFPA, API etc).
- Electrical hazardous area classification.
- Participation in formal design reviews such as HAZOP, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Basic familiarity with Human Factors requirements in design.