Process Safety Engineer Job Rotterdam – ExxonMobil
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. Active in almost 200 countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with a talented workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
We are looking for a Process Safety Engineer for the Rotterdam Manufacturing Cluster (RMC; a cluster of 3 chemical plants and a refinery).
Job Role Responsibilities
The Safety Engineer will be part of the Technical Division, having a Lead Safety Engineer as his/her supervisor.
Activities will include:
- Co-creating the RMC risk management plan
- Perform risk and consequence assessments and support RMC organization on risk management decisions
- Advise on safety related aspects in the design, detailed engineering, construction and operation of new projects and plant modifications.
- Perform Hazops and review design changes and on existing- and new facilities
- Support / lead incident investigations
- Support / advise on regulatory compliance on Seveso and ATEX153 legislation (Safety Report, BRZO inspections, Explosion Safety Report)
- Training and mentoring engineers who are less experienced with safety and design
- Provide process safety trainings in the organization
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be considered for this role, we expect:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Technology (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Affinity with the field of Process Safety within a manufacturing environment
- At least basic level of Dutch and commit to learning the language during your initial two years
- At least experienced level of English language skills
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.