Process Safety Engineer Job in US – Exxon Mobil
Job Role Summary
This role is based at our Fife Ethylene Plant, situated near Edinburgh, which is one of the largest in Europe. The successful candidate will work in the Safety, Health and Environment Department supporting the entire manufacuring facility with the opportunity to interact with all layers of the organisation including plant management.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
This role closes on Friday 17th May 2019.
Job Role Responsibilities
Process Safety Engineers are responsible for providing process safety engineering expertise to the plant operating teams.
The key responsibilities of the Process Safety Engineer are to:
- Advise the operating teams on day-to-day and medium term process safety engineering matters
- Support the site’s Facility Risk Assessment and Management programme, including performing HAZOPs and other risk assessment activities.
- Support new projects by providing guidance on process safety for new designs and performing safety reviews.
- Maintain process safety databases, including the Safe Operating Envelope Database and Risk Catalogue
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be a degree qualified chemical engineer with a good academic record. Candidates with degrees in other engineering disciplines who have the requisite experience will also be considered.
- Be, or be working towards being, a Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Institute of Chemical Engineers or equivalent.
- Have relevant technical and operational experience within a refinery, petrochemical facility or similar manufacturing environment
Candidates should also have demonstrated experience in:
- Performing detailed risk assessments
- Consequence modelling and analysis
- Safety valve contingency analysis and calculations
- Working with the safety regulator / Competent Authority e.g. UK Health and Safety Executive
- Flare system modelling
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.