Process Safety Engineer Exxon Mobil India
Job Role Summary
- Loss Prevention: provide overall design guidance and operational surveillance for process safety systems in Upstream Oil and Gas Facilities. Ensure that loss prevention plans are developed, effectively implemented, and concerns addressed. Either independently or through a team of multi-disciplinary engineers / professionals, identify hazards inherent in facility design and operations. Characterize these safety hazards with good engineering practices, determine risk, and develop mitigations. Keep Management informed of loss prevention issues that could potentially jeopardize Project or Assets Objectives.
- Equipment Criticality Assessment: provide process safety insight/judgment in determining equipment criticality as per company standard, determine methodology to assign availability requirement on the safety critical device, and provide recommendation based on actual availability of the safety critical device on periodic basis to the Production Assets
- Mentor: provide mentorship and guidance to early career engineers in process hazard characterization and mitigation
- Interpretation and implementation of ExxonMobil and Industry Standards for:
- Pressure Relief, vapor depressurization/blowdown, and flare systems design
- Survival systems, escape, evacuation and rescue philosophies
- Fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Active and passive fire protection
- Process control and safety instrumented systems (SIL assignment and verification, Cause & Effect, API 14C, etc.)
- Qualitative and quantitate risk assessments
- Safety Instruments System SIL assignment and verification
- Consequence analysis of process hazards including flammable and toxic dispersion and their effects on people and facilities
- Development and implementation of Process Safety Studies
- Actively contribute in Risk Assessments (Project Design and Production Asset), Hazard Identification Studies (HAZID), and HAZOPs (Guide Word and Knowledge Based).
- Working with production affiliates to develop solution to process safety issues within operating facilities and production company projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years of direct process safety or design, risk management, and loss prevention experience in the oil and gas, or chemicals industry.
- Good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards
- Passionate to be an engineer and shows strong attributes; e.g. attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good math / analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English. Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Willing and able to travel and relocate, both domestically and internationally.