Process Engineer Wood Plc China
- Requisition ID: 2017-22334
- Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that the requirements of Licensor’s / Client’s Secrecy Agreements are known and complied with in the work performed.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Procedures are followed during the execution of all contracts and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all process engineering work
- Carry out design work in accordance with the agreed project schedule.
- Advise the project Lead of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the project Lead of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Assist the project lead with progress reports.Process Engineerin
- Prepare Overall block flow diagrams
- Carry out simulation work, prepare PFD , Mass and Heat balance etc.
- Carry out the thermal design for heat exchanger
- Prepare process summaries and schedules (effluents & emissions, chemicals & catalysts, utilities, battery limits and, relief and blowdown) Prepare P&ID, Line list , tie-in list
- Prepare area classification process data sheet
- Prepare equipment process data sheet, instrument process data sheet
- Prepare cause and effect Diagram (Process control document)
- Participate Process safety activities
- Participate in review of project model.
- Act on comments from reviews and studies to close out all actions arising from these reviews and studies.
- On request, review Supplier’s quotations from a process engineering standpoint. On order placement, review Supplier drawings and documents and provide comments.
- Provide process support to the other engineering disciplines.
- File process calculations and other documents in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work.
Skills / Qualifications
Degree in Chemical Engineering with around 7 years experience in engineering Field of refinery /Petrochemical/ Chemical/ Pharmaceutical plants.
- Experience in working in the engineering team for FS, FEED, PMC, EPC& EPCm in grassroots and revamp contracts and worked. General knowledge and application of engineering procedures, specifications, standards.
- Proficient use software such as MS office, AutoCAD etc. Process simulation (ASPEN, HYSYS etc.) capability is preferred.
- Good coordination and communication capability, fluent in English including writing and Oral.
- Willing and able to travel.