Process Control Applications Engineer Exxon Mobil United States
Job Role Summary
As a member of the Baytown Engineering Services Department, the Process Control Application Engineer provides technical and operational expertise for the day-to-day support of Refinery and Chemical Plant process control applications.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Maintain and modify existing process control applications and operator interfaces
- Identify and install new applications and interfaces to increase process safety, operability, and profitability
- Provide process control support during project development, installation and startup
- Support 24 hour-a-day, 365 day-per-year plant operations. The successful candidate must be available for 24/7 on-call, after-hours and weekend support.
- PHD/MS/BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of refining/chemical processes
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with Honeywell TDC or Experion distributed control systems, or equivalent systems
- Candidates will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with regulatory and advanced controls
- Relevant experience desired in Refinery/Chemical Plant Process Control applications
- Sufficient leadership skills needed to successfully promote ideas, coordinate work activities, and plan future application improvements.