Principal Structural Engineer AS EAAA – OS Australia
Company: AS EAAA – OS – Australia East
Brief Job Description
We are currently sourcing for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our team in Melbourne for our Remote Support group. This position will initially commence on a 12 months contract, with a view for extension.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Undertake Structural engineering activities across the project life cycle (Concept, FEED, detailed design);
- Produce cost effective Structural engineering reports,documents and deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and design books in conjunction with other members of the project team;
- Support and mentor junior engineers and designers;
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule;
- Provide technical assistance to others when required.
- Extensive experience as a Structural Engineer;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Prior experience within Brownfield EPCM projects within the Oil & Gas industry is essential;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize;
- Solid understanding of functional safety concepts;
- Alignment with Wood Group core values.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC144429 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage,you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.