Principal Piping Engineer
Company: AS EAAA-OS-MERC-Russia Caspian
Job reference: IRC145020
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Principal Piping Engineer. This position will report directly to Lead Piping Engineer.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Russia citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- To provide discipline specific technical expertise at a technical authority level, in support of the Sakhalin II, PA-A (Molikpaq) Drilling Rig Upgrade Project.
- To ensure that all project risks affecting start up requirements are identified, assessed and mitigated against and closed through achieving ALARP risk levels.
- Responsible for design, specification and services related to Piping Engineering.
- Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice.
- Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 8+ years related experience.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems efficiently and economically.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related disciplines. May have contributed inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which are regarded as major advances, or which significantly reduce professional services hours on projects. Also may be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small to medium project or a segment of a larger project.
- As a Lead must be able to lead, develop plans, control budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
- To provide discipline Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design input to Brownfield engineering projects, technical support studies as requested, engineering support to the construction / commissioning phases as necessary and providing engineering support to maintenance and operations as requested.
- 8+ years’ experience in the Piping field.
- 1+ years’ experience on Drilling Assets required.
- Oil and Gas engineering required preferably brownfield.
- Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design experience required.
- Field experience in construction and commissioning strongly preferred.
- Experience in an Engineering Design Company/ Russian Design Institute desirable.
- Shell DEP experience preferred.
- Experience in onshore/offshore projects in cold/remote regions is advantageous.
- BSc / MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC145020 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.