Preventive health and safety training for childcare providers involves providing childcare providers with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify and prevent potential hazards that could affect children.
In this article we will be considering Preventive health and safety training for Childcare providers Online, i.e., training that can be done online without any need for physical presence.
The Importance of Preventive Health and Safety Training for Childcare Providers
You may be thinking why is Preventive Health and Safety Training Important for Childcare Providers? Here are some reasons;
1. Ensuring the Well-being and Safety of Children
It is commonly said prevention is better and cheaper than cure, also what you do not know, you cannot prevent. So as a childcare provider you need the knowledge of preventive Health and Safety. This will cover
- Childhood immunizations (age and type requirements)
- Maintenance of health records and forms; process for review of medical information, including medication administration, allergies, immunizations, and health insurance
- Infectious Disease Policies
- Vector prevention
- Kitchen cleanliness and sanitation
- Toilet and diapering sanitation
2. Meeting Licensing and Regulatory Requirements
Getting trained as a Childcare Provider is also necessary for meeting Licensing and Regulatory Requirements. Lack of compliance could result to fines and other punitive measures.
3. Reducing the Risk of Accidents and Illnesses
This training helps childcare providers reduce risk of accidents and illness. This is made possible by implementing the lessons learnt from the Preventive Health and Safety training.
Advantages of Preventive Health and Safety Training for Childcare Providers Online
Since we are concentrating on online training in this article, lets us see the advantage of Preventive Health and Safety Training for Childcare providers online;
1. Flexibility and Convenience
This form of training is flexible and convenience as it can be done when you are chanced and can be done from the comfort of your home. It do not need much of logistics and traveling
Online training is cost effective as you will not have to pay for physical tutoring; online training is always cheaper than class based training. Generally, you will save money that would otherwise be spent on housing and commuting by campus each day.
3. Broader Range of Perspectives
Given that your online classmates may be based around the world, you can gain perspectives from professionals in a range of countries. You can explore how businesses operate overseas and prepare for a global workforce. Online learners typically have a wide range of goals and professional backgrounds, you can gain insights from other adults both within and outside your industry.
4. Networking Without Geographical Boundaries
Online training often combines live and self-paced learning. Because your classmates in an online class are not restricted to living locally, you can build relationships with a broader range of learners who work in your industry. One of the major benefits of online learning is the chance to build your professional network without geographical boundaries.
5. Saves Time
Since online programs do not require commuting, they can often save time. Apart from generally having more time, you will also have the opportunity to think thoroughly before sharing your opinion or your argument on a particular subject. Additionally, sometimes there is no real-time classroom, and you will have time to construct an idea the best way you can before you share it with your professor and classmates.
Key Topics Covered in Preventive Health and Safety Training for Childcare Providers
Here are some Preventive Health and Safety training;
- Basic First Aid and CPR: First aid refers to medical attention that is usually administered immediately after the injury occurs and at the location where it occurred. It often consists of a one-time, short-term treatment and requires little technology or training to administer. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) a basic first aid technique that’s useful in many emergencies in which someone’s breathing or heartbeat has stopped.
- Child Development and Age-Appropriate Care: The early years of a child’s life are very important for their health and development. Healthy development means that children of all abilities, including those with special health care needs, are able to grow up where their social, emotional and educational needs are met. So this training trains childcare providers things to look out for during child development.
- Nutrition and Hygiene: This Child Nutrition is a comprehensive, instructor-guided course, designed to provide a detailed understanding of the nature of the related sector and your key roles within it. The Child Nutrition and Hygiene course is split into the following modules:
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Children’s Special Nutritional Needs
- Nutrition for Kids
- Why Good Nutrition is Important
- Nutrition Tips for Children with Weak Immune Systems
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: This training is applicable to all childcare settings, this emergency preparedness training course provides information and resources to effectively plan for emergency situations including medical crises, natural disasters, and threats of violence. This course covers risk assessment, developing written plans, preparing first aid and emergency supply kits, communicating with families, and meeting children’s needs during emergencies.
- Administration of medication
- Care of sick children
- Child abuse and neglect prevention and reporting
- Fire safety
- Hand washing
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases (including immunization)
- Safe sleep practices and reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Prevention of abusive head trauma and child mistreatment
- Prevention of and response to emergencies caused by food allergies
Best Practices for Implementing Online Training for Childcare Providers
To get full benefit from the online training, you need to consider the following;
1. Choosing a Reliable and Accredited Training Provider
Not every training provider has good online training structure, so before you register for any online training make sure you run a background checks on the course provider to know if it fits your training objectives and goals.
2. Customizing Training to Meet Specific Needs
Most online training provider will provide training curriculum. Make sure you go through it to see if it covers what you need; If not you can contact the course provider if its possible to customize it to meet your need. You can also choose another course provider if the first does not meet your objectives.
3. Incorporating Interactive and Engaging Elements
The training must be interactive and engaging to benefit participants. Training that is not interactive and engaging could be boring and less beneficial.
4. Tracking and Assessing Training Progress
Training should be tracked and assess to know if it meets the objectives. Tracking employee training or measuring employee training is significant for many reasons. It tells you whether the training is on track and all the investments you make are paying off. In other words, it shows whether a training program is working as it should.
Some Childcare Trainings Providers
ChildCareEd’s mission is to provide early childhood educators with professional development training courses routed in best practices and current trends. We seek to support early childhood educators and the children and families they work with by developing high-quality courses in professionalism, child development, health, safety, nutrition, curriculum, special needs, and community.
ChildCareEd’s vision is that of educators developing a deep understanding and appreciation for the complex cultural worlds in which they will care for children and families. We seek to attract and serve learners from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds, to be sensitive and responsive to their needs, and, above all, to assist all to achieve their fullest potential in their pursuit of early childhood education.
AmeriMed CPR Training is an authorized American Heart Association (AHA) training site.
AmeriMed CPR Training’s programs are EMSA Approved for Child Care Licensing and School Bus Drivers.
Our CPR-AED & First Aid courses are OSHA Compliant for General Work Safety training requirements.
Our Wilderness First Aid and CPR-AED & First Aid courses are American Camp Association Accredited for camp leaders & staff, and for Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts.
Courses are STCW Approvedfor US Coast Guard captain license.
Childcare 8 Hour Preventative Health Class
This class is designed for daycare owners and directors. This NEW 8-hour class will cover:
- Health Records
- Infectious Diseases
- Safety Policies
- NEW 1 Hour Nutrition Guidelines
- NEW Lead Poison Prevention (this is no longer a stand alone class. If you a need Lead class you now must take the full PHC class)
The Emergency Medical Services Authority approves this class. Each participant will receive a completion certificate. This is a one time only class and does not need to be renewed.
In conclusion Investing in Preventive Health and Safety Training for Childcare Providers Online is very vital as a childcare provider as it will equipped you with necessary information and tools to care for children placed in your custody.