PMC Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer Cairo – CAI000O
Primary Location: EGY-Cairo
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Jun 16, 2017
Reporting Manager Title: BUGM PMC
WorleyParsons is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, empowered EPCM employing over 23,200 people across 42 countries. With a recognized global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, WorleyParsons continues to push the boundaries and extend its capabilities around the world.
WorleyParsons Egypt looking for Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer for our reputed Client – PMC Refinery Project Egypt.
Position Title: Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Project Phase: FEED and Detail Engineering.
Note: We are looking for Egyptian Nationalities due to Visa Quota restrictions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Engineering issues during the early work phase and EPC phase.
Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC Contractor key deliverables and other works within the discipline ensuring its compliance with design requirements and Licensor PDP, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, system or equipment with relatively few complex features.
Review and approve the following:
o Equipment design and development.
o System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
o Testing of materials.
o Specifications and design calculations.
o Designs, drawings and data by other Contractors’ or by vendors.
o Engineering studies and reports.
o Material Requisitions for equipment & materials
o Material quantity estimates.
Monitoring Project controls within discipline.
Review and approve key design documents of Vendors, equipment manufacturers or subcontractors & prepares comments & recommendations incorporating any comments received from Owner.
Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor and Vendors.
Attending all Project technical sessions by the EPC Contractor such as: Design Review
- Minimum 12 years’ experience
- Bachelor Engineering degree, wide working knowledge of PMC flow of work, considerable engineering knowledge in large O&G Projects each in his specialty, considerable knowledge of international codes and standards.Analysis and problems solving
- Preparation of Project HSE Plan, Project HSE / Loss Prevention Philosophy documents
- Scoping, leading and following up HAZID, HAZOP, SIL & 3D Model reviews.
- Review of design documents and plans – across all disciplines – to ensure HSE compliance and to identify specific hazards;
- Review of Hazardous Area Schedules and layouts
- Fire and gas detection – philosophy, layout and specification.
- Active Fire Protection / Passive Fire Protection design
- Firewater System Design – Hydraulic Analysis (using PIPENET), P&IDs and Layouts.