Pipeline Safety Advisor Job United States – ExxonMobil
Location: Houston, TX, US
Job Role Summary
The Pipeline Safety Advisor, as part of the Safety Security Health and Environment (SSH&E) group for ExxonMobil Pipeline Company (EMPCo), has overall responsibility as the primary interface between EMPCo and the regulators (PHMSA, RRC, LDNR, California Fire Marshall, New Mexico and Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission) as well as communicating and supporting EMPCo projects and operations personnel with their compliance in pipeline safety regulations. The Pipeline Safety Advisor will be located in Houston, TX and will manage regulatory compliance with pipeline safety regulations (primarily 49 CFR 195 and 192) including facilitating pipeline safety regulatory audits and providing regulatory guidance, interpretation and support from design, through construction and operation. The Pipeline Safety Advisor works under the direction of the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor in the SSH&E Department.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Acts as the primary interface between EMPCo and the regulators.
• Coordinates all aspects of an EMPCo Regulatory Audit Team and be a key participant and facilitator in all pipeline safety regulatory audits.
• Support multiple EMPCo groups by providing pipeline safety regulatory guidance, interpretation and support from design, through construction and operation.
• Respond 24-7 to emergencies, provide pipeline safety regulatory support and conduct release reporting duties for the organization.
• Steward the creation, submission and filing of all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory reports.
• Communicate new or revised federal and state pipeline safety regulations that impact company-operated assets.
• Provide subject matter expertise (SME) in all pipeline safety compliance program areas.
• Develop/update pipeline safety compliance processes, programs, guidelines, procedures, tools and identify responsible persons for implementation.
• Develop and communicate specific pipeline safety programmatic and / or regulatory expectations to impacted EMPCo personnel including training.
• Provide ongoing support to field personnel in implementation of procedures.
• Review pipeline projects to ensure consistency in technical basis and ensure consistent interpretation of pipeline safety regulatory requirements.
• Assist as needed in preparation of major pipeline safety regulatory applications and modifications.
• Assist in coordinating strategy and responses to agency notifications including but not limited to notices of probable violation (NOPVs), executive closings, etc.
• Assist field operations in self-audit programs to assess field pipeline safety compliance.
• B.S. or extensive work experience in pipeline operations and/or compliance
• Willing to travel nationally and work in field office locations for up to 40% of time.
• Demonstrated strong compliance ethics and courage of conviction.
• Demonstrated strong communication, writing and organizational skills. Comfortable working multiple tasks at once and capability to adapt to changing priorties and “break-in” work. Proficiency in the use of computers.
• Willingness to become a DOT Pipeline Safety practioner.
• Comfortable communicating with internal and external audtience, and presenting to leadership.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Strong compliance ethics and communication skills
• Demonstrated work experience in regulatory compliance and pipeline operations