Offshore Support Vessels Marine Safety Advisor – International United States
Location: United States
Job Type: Contract
Job Ref: BH-83388
Contact Name: Louise Fitzpatrick
Contact Number: 713 551 4444
Rotational Offshore Support Vessels Marine Safety Advisor – International Assignment
NES Global Talent is a world-class manpower organization specializing in placing talent. With operations in 28 countries and 48 offices, we’ve been providing services for more than 40 years to major oil, gas and chemical operators, engineering firms and projects.
We now have an opportunity for 2 Marine Safety Advisors who will work B2B on a 28/28 rotation with one another on a leading project with a world-renowned operator in South America.
As Marine Safety Advisor, you will oversee 16 vessels that consist of platform supply vessels, anchor handling/tug supply vessels, maintenance vessels, mooring vessels, multi-purpose vessels, and fast support/intervention vessels.
Your role will be to coordinate and manage the implementation of an effective safety awareness training program on all vessels contracted to our client. Instrumental in all the preparation of all forward safety training, executing effectively the safety expectations of the company. The point of contact for the implementation of safety training objectives between all Marine Logistics Vessels and the project. Responsible for setting safety training objectives for Expat and local crewmembers and for mentoring and encouraging those employees to achieve standards of safety efficiency.
Assisting the Marine Supervisor with putting into place quality KPI’s that measure the effectiveness and implementation of a good and robust marine safety application.
The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge and ability to coordinate an intensive Safety Program spending most of the time working onboard offshore supply vessels executing safety training programs with ships crews. Incumbent will work 12 hour days, and be familiar with all current Marine safety Issues where that relates to Offshore Support Vessels and Safety at Sea.
- Responsible for the implementation of an effective safety function within all Logistics Vessels.
- Responsible for the implementation of an effective training program onboard all contracted Logistics Support vessels.
- Taking the safety learning objective directly to the crews onboard ships, working with them at there places of work, encouraging them in all aspects of safety related discipline, developing there self confidence in relation to safety related issues.
- Rolling out safety initiatives onboard all marine logistics vessels.
- Identifying operational shortcomings that have an impact on ongoing safe operations
- Recommending changes that will improve operational safety in the Marine Logistics operation.
- Developing and supporting shipboard safety meetings, helping the ships crews to structure regular safety meetings and recommending how effective structure and follow through can benefit safety onboard ship.
Incident Management and Emergency Response – Responsible for Setting Training Objectives in all disciplines mentioned for National Trainees.
- Responsible for operational compliance and familiarity with Emergency Response procedures and expectations.
- Responsible for Initiating Emergency Response process as per Emergency Response and Incident management Checklists as directed by ERT
- Responsible for communicating with and directing vessels during emergency as instructed by the ERT.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Boat Masters are briefed on safety reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all incidents are reported to Marine Supervisor.
- Assisting the Marine Supervisor during medevac and emergency response situations.