Offshore HSE Supervisor Qatar
- Job reference: 918267
- Location: Qatar
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job type: Contract
- Sector: Oil & Gas, HS & E
Reports directly to the Construction Supervisor on site and functionally to the E&C OSL. Monitor and ensure HSE compliance of activities during offshore installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the construction and projects activities designed and prepared by E&C Division but executed by FO/IRM Campaign Team with applicable company rules, procedures and best work practices.
Experience and Qualification:
– 10 years’ experience in offshore construction site HSE Management.
– Knowledge of international safety legislation, codes of practice, etc., audit/inspection techniques and procedures.
– Thorough understanding of HSE management systems and risk management processes.
– Previous experience in a large multinational taskforce environment.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills.
– Fluent in English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate/monitor site working conditions related to construction works and assess contractor’s HSE performance
- Focus on the early identification of potential problems and propose appropriate solutions to site management.
- Coordinate construction HSE activities to comply with all relevant NOC HSE rules and requirements.
- Lead on HSE issues and on the implementation of the project HSE management requirements.
- Attend/conduct regular HSE coordination meetings with contractors’ representatives to discuss and agree on safety standards, concerns and potential hazards.
- Be proactive in promoting safety awareness (campaigns, initiatives) at all levels within project team and contractor personnel.
- Ensure that a risk assessment is performed before each potentially dangerous activity.
- Participate in or organize Job Risk Assessments (JRAs) with contractors ensuring implementation of identified measures.
- Perform regular safety-compliance inspections and audits of contractors to ensure implementation of safe working procedures and best practices.
- Implement, monitor and report corrective actions further to HSE site tour findings, audits and monitoring activities.
- Stop any unsafe operation/situation and report immediately to Site Management.
- Conduct or participate in safety training of personnel at site as required.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine their underlying causes.
- Ensure that contractor’s construction equipment, personnel and other resources are HSE compliant.
- Coordinate with the FO/IRM/Campaign Team organization and site quality control.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly HSE reports on site surveys and inspections.
- Ensure all relevant safety documentations and permits are available and up to date.
- Actively involved in the reporting of anomalies/safety observations and promotion of same
- Coordinate the performance of Tool Box meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in the observation and promotion of safety moment philosophy on site
- Assist in the animation and promotion of the 10 Golden Rules on site and other NOC awareness campaigns
- Preparation of safety feedback on lesson learned during major activities and follow up of actions
- Maintain relevant HSE information and KPI regarding activities on site and update as appropriate