Occupational Physician Job in United Kingdom
Location: Leatherhead, SRY, GB
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil is the world’s largest publicly-traded international oil and gas company, best known in the UK for its Esso and Mobil brands. ExxonMobil operates the UK’s largest refinery and petrochemical complex on the south coast of England. Medicine and Occupational Health (MOH) are seeking to recruit an Occupational Physician to join our team in Leatherhead, Surrey.
MOH provides occupational health services to all ExxonMobil sites in the UK and forms part of the broader global occupational health function in ExxonMobil.
Job Role Responsibilities
The role will be based at our Leatherhead office, but will require travel to other operational sites including Fawley, Newport and Fife.
- Safety and health leadership across the organisation
- Deliver day to day clinical services, including sickness absence, pre-placement medical assessments, health surveillance and Medical Review Officer activities in support of the alcohol & drug testing programme
- Interface with key stakeholders to deliver best practice occupational health services across the business
- Supervise MOH staff (nursing and administrative)
- Recruit, develop and train MOH staff in line with company procedures
- Identify and implement process improvements within the department
- Build working relationships with both the business lines and colleagues in MOH and more broadly in ExxonMobil globally
Expected Level of Proficiency
- GMC registration, holding license to practice as a physician
- Possession of AFOM (Associate of Faculty of Occupational Medicine) qualification (or equivalent) or higher
- Occupational medicine experience
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Prior experience managing a team
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Prior Oil & Gas experience is highly desirable
This role closes on Friday 26th April 2019, with interviews taking place in the week commencing 20th May 2019.