Having reliable Occupational Health Assessment Providers cannot be over emphasized considering the important of Occupational Health Assessment. So in this article, I will walk you through some major Occupational Health Assessment Providers that can help maintain and sustain your occupational health.
It is worthy of mention here that the Basic Occupational Health Services is an occupational health application of primary health care principles. The World Health Organization’s Alma Ata declaration from 1978 defines primary health care as “essential health care based on practical scientifically sound and socially accepted methods.” This definition states that primary health care is the first level of contact of individuals, the family, and community with the national health system bringing health care as close as possible to where people live and work.
The International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) started a project to create Basic Occupational Health Services because only 10-15% of workers worldwide have access to occupational health services. In view of this, the following should be done:
Preparation for and response to emergencies: Before an emergency occurs, preparing and training employees, employers, managers, and supervisors is critical to ensuring that workers and employers have the necessary equipment, know where to go, and know how to stay safe.
Evaluation and monitoring: Monitoring your safety and health performance on a regular basis is critical; failing to do so can result in a decline in morale, enthusiasm, and standards. Procedures for monitoring, measuring, and recording performance in safety and health are the responsibility of management.
Occupational diseases are illnesses caused by working. Due to the working conditions, many jobs carry a risk of disease, physical injury, or death. Employees may be exposed to substances that can cause certain types of cancer as a result of their jobs, which are risks that they cannot manage on their own.
Accidents can also occur at work. Work-related injuries can be anything from minor cuts and bruises to debilitating injuries that end a person’s career or even a life. Injuries that cause loss of time necessitate time off from work for recovery. During recovery periods, both short-term sick benefits and long-term compensation cover lost wages, including training for new skills if necessary.
Overexertion, falls, incidents of being struck by/against, and repetitive stress from manual labor are major causes. Although workers’ compensation insurance covers some of the costs of medical care and temporary disability benefits, it does not provide services for retraining or rehabilitation or guarantee a full replacement of income.
18 Occupational Health Assessment Providers
- RPS Group: Their fully equipped mobile screening units provide a flexible approach to delivering tailored occupational health surveillance programmes directly to clients’ sites. Managed by our occupational health technicians, and supported by occupational health nurses and physicians, our team are highly trained to carry out all aspects of health surveillance, including audiometry, lung function, eyesight tests, and blood pressure monitoring.
- Health Assured: Health Assured offers a wide range of Occupational Health services which can be accessed on a pay-as-you-go basis. Absenteeism costs the UK economy billions per year. So, we fully understand that employers require timely and worthwhile advice when dealing with staff absences.
- Bupa: They offer robust occupational health services designed to ensure the health of your employees is never negatively impacted by their work. This could be through proactive monitoring against workplace risk or by being on hand to support and advise them when they find themselves unable to work due to their health.
- Health Management: For the last 20 years, they have been at the forefront of helping some of the UK’s most prestigious organizations manage complex workforce health issues. They are one of the largest Occupational Health providers in the country, employing more Consultant Occupational Health Physicians than any other organization outside the NHS. We help 400 businesses, charities and government bodies to collectively keep 2.25 million employees safe, fit and healthy at work.
- AXA Health: AXA Health Workplace Health Gateway powers complete visibility of your occupational health service. From referrals to scheduling appointments, to tracking cases, checking assessment outcomes and management information (MI) reporting.
- Occupational Health Assessment: Provide rapid access to specialist occupational health opinions and a advice. We understand HR practices, ER, GDPR and the ACAS Code. They help businesses identify, mitigate and manage health and absence risks.
- Everwell Occupational Health: Everwell are Nationwide providers of flexible Occupational Health Services, Health Surveillance, Occupational Health Assessments and Medicals across the UK. We provide convenient workplace, remote and off-site (face-to-face) services to all types of organisations from SMEs to large single & multiple site operations, for both private and public bodies.
- StayWell: Offer a core group of ‘traditional’ occupational health services, such as occupational health assessments, health surveillance and DSE assessments and combine these with more modern approaches, such as employee health screening, health promotion, drug & alcohol screening and ergonomic solutions. Our aim is to eliminate and prevent work related causes of ill health, achieve maximum staff productivity and improve the sense of wellbeing and morale within your workforce.
- Medigold Health: They provide services such as OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Counselling, Physiotherapy, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Health Surveillance, medicals for Fit for role, OH Management Training Mental Health Support and Alcohol & Drug policy writing.
Their accreditations are: SEQOHS, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 27001, RISQS, Disability Confident, Cyber Essentials. They operate in all UK.
- Global Occupational Health Solutions: Their services include OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Health Screening, services for wellbeing, Counselling, Physiotherapy, Occupational Hygiene, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Occupational Therapy, Health Surveillance Wellbeing. They operate in all UK and South East.
- Innovate Healthcare Management Group: they render services such as Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Workstation Assessments, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Counselling, OH Reports, Physiotherapy, Health Surveillance, Fit for role medicals, MSK Referrals, Occupational Therapy, Pre-Placement Health Assessments, Driver Medicals, Management Referrals, Stress Management.
Their accreditations are: SEQOHS, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, RISQS, Cyber Essentials. They operate in all UK.
- Kays Medical: They render services such as MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, OH Reports, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Sickness Absence Management, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Counselling, Physiotherapy, Learning & Development and Human Resources, Fit for role medicals, Health Surveillance, OH Management Training, Pre-Placement Health Assessments Medical supplies. Their accreditations are: ISO 9001, ISO 27001. They operate all over UK.
- KML Occupational Health: Their services are: Physiotherapy, Occupational Hygiene, OH Reports, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Safety Critical Medicals, Post-Offer Fitness to Work Assessments, Counselling, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Health Surveillance, Sickness Absence Management, Fit for role medicals, Driver Medicals, Management Referrals, Occupational Health Assessments, Health Promotion. Their accreditations are: SEQOHS, RISQS, Cyber Essentials etc. they operate all over UK.
- All Health Matters Limited: Their services are: OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Travel medicine, Executive medicals, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Fit for role medicals Vaccinations, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Counselling, Health Surveillance, Mobile clinics. Their accreditations are: CBH OHSP and other. They operate in London and South East.
- Pegasus Occupational Health Limited: Their services are Counselling, Physiotherapy, OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Occupational Hygiene, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Health Surveillance, Fit for role medicals, Pre-Placement Health Assessments, Wellbeing Services. Their accreditations are: SEQOHS, Cyber Essentials. They operate in all UK.
- Cornerstone Occupational Health: They offer services such as OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Workstation Assessments, Health Surveillance, Fit for role medicals, Pre-Placement Health Assessments. They operate in Wales, Midlands, Yorkshire, North West, North East.
- TP Health Limited: Their services are OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Wellbeing Services, Counselling, OH Management Training, Physiotherapy, Occupational Hygiene, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Flu Vaccination Programmes, Health Surveillance, Fit for role medicals, Antibody Testing, Clinical Staff for Covid Vaccinations. Their accreditations are: SEQOHS, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials. They operate all over UK.
- Arshad Health Associates: They offer services such as OH Reports, Sickness Absence Management, Drug and Alcohol Testing, Health Screening, Counselling, MSK Referrals, Workstation Assessments, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Hygiene, Health Surveillance All outpatient clinical services including consultations with GP’s and specialists. Diagnostics: Lab, Radiology, Vaccinations, Wellbeing Services. Their accreditation is ISO 9001. They operate internationally.
Importance Of Occupational Health Assessment Providers
An Occupational Health Assessment Providers is important because every employee is a valuable business asset and crucial to productivity and profitability.
People’s physical and mental well-being is maintained at work by occupational health providers. They will assist in maintaining employees’ health and safety while they are at work and will manage any workplace risks that could lead to work-related illness.
A crucial step in occupational health is evaluating the risks in the workplace, such as exposures to hazardous noise, dust, or equipment.
The following medical services are available from occupational health providers:
- Working at heights
- General Health
- Display Screen Equipment and more
Depending on the employee’s job role and environment, occupational health providers can advise on the appropriate medical treatment. One worker might need different medical care from the other. It is crucial to a company’s service that each employee receives the appropriate medical care. The occupational health provider will get to know you and your company and help make the service fit your needs.
They may also be able to get a full picture of your company’s “ins and outs” and make an accurate assessment of the medical care that will be provided.
Once the occupational health provider is aware of everything that needs to be done and has agreed on costs that are within your company’s budget, they can figure out how long it will take them to complete all of the required medicals on site.
Depending on the Occupational Health Providers’ facilities, medical examinations can be carried out during an on-site visit or in nearby clinics. Some providers use rooms or offices in a business premises while others have mobile units with facilities. Each employee’s privacy is of utmost importance, so each appointment will be one-on-one.
The Occupational Health Provider is responsible for providing businesses with helpful documents. Examples of these documents are:
- Questionnaires for employees
- Guides to information for both employees and employers
- A schedule for scheduling each employee’s appointment time
- Posters announcing when the visit will be finished and more
An occupational health provider has access to a variety of professionals who are qualified to carry out medical procedures. Some examples of professionals are:
- Technician in Occupational Health: A technician will take care of the initial medical requirement and all subsequent paperwork.
- Advisor for Occupational Health: An advisor can sign off on the paperwork that the technician has completed as well as complete more advanced face-to-face medicals and a variety of referral medicals.
- Practitioner of Occupational Health: Both paper-based and face-to-face referral medicals are completed by a practitioner. Both the advisor’s and the technician’s completed paperwork can be signed off by the practitioner.
When the visit is over, the occupational health provider, an occupational health advisor, and a fitness level will review all of the results and medical findings. The advisor will also let you know if there are any risks in the workplace that could cause health problems at work.
In some instances, the employee may require a referral to an Occupational Health Practitioner, who can conduct additional assessments and provide recommendations for workplace modifications to support the employee’s health and safety at work.
Occupational health providers can provide a “start to finish” service throughout the entire process, so advice and assistance do not end here. Also, they can provide services throughout the year, keep a recall profile for employees, and advise on the frequency of medicals.