Occupational Health Advisor Jemi Neil Consulting Lagos
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Degree
- Experience: 4 years
- Location: Lagos
Our client, a fast growing Occupational Health organization, located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill a Occupational Health Advisor.
- The Occupational Health Advisor is required to work with the ICM Team to provide professional Occupation Health (OH) services and advice to management, client and employees on all matters relating to occupational health.
- This will particularly focus in the area of illness prevention as well as the maintenance and employee health improvement and wellbeing.
- Manage, maintain and identify improvements to the day-to-day operation of the OH service. Improvements of the OH processes and procedures.
- Manage escalated patient cases and provide professional and confidential occupational health service to individuals within the organisation in accordance with policy & procedure, practices and applicable regulations.
- Work with members of the ICM Team (particularly site medics) to provide world class Occupational Health Support to clients
- Develop and Implement Activity Calendars alongside site medics for each identified client
- Lead ICM team to review and develop relevant Health Policies for clients
- Provide specialist occupational health advice to the business and build relationships with internal and external contacts to achieve business OH objectives and maximise effectiveness.
- Act in the capacity of Health and Safety specialist.
- Coordinate and Conduct continuous health surveillance on all client sites and carry out audits during periodic visits.
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations.
- Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment, and programs related to occupational health services.
- Assess healthcare needs, then implement and manage healthcare programs to improve health and facilitate return to work of employees.
- Contribute and approve the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
- Identify primary, secondary and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of the population.
- Ensure OH activity reflects best practice and business objectives.
- Assist in the development and delivery of proactive programs to increase the health knowledge and enhance the wellbeing of employees.
- Provide technical support to Business Development, Sales and Marketing unit.
- Develop technical Proposals and Presentations required in Sales and Marketing
- Provide collated monthly report of all Sites and present to the management
- Collate and prepare periodic reports and presentations to clients.
- Responsible for overall health outcomes on each site
- Oversee all cases to facilitate productivity, assuring appropriate care and adherence to treatment guidelines
- Facilitate, develop and approve medical information to spread across the company’s site (i.e. Newsletters), and ensure such newsletters are distributed.
- Prepare and enforce use of overall reporting template amongst all site doctors/direct reports.
- Supervise site doctors and ensure medical reports are accurate.
- Review reports submitted by the site medical doctor and provide appropriate feedback.
Client and Stakeholder Management:
- Maintain and develop relationships with key 3rd party service providers to ensure contracts are in place to meet our service demand and operation.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, such as the Health & Safety team, Human Resources (HR) and managers to explore options and develop proactive solutions where employees wellbeing is compromised.
- Provide support and management information to assess the impact of staff care provision, and assist with future planning of the service.
- Work to ensure prompt damage control and effective conflict resolution.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine/Surgery.
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health, Public Health (or equivalent certificate)
- Must be a qualified and registered practicing Medical Doctor.
- Recognized basic qualification in Health & Safety
- Certification in OHSAS 18001 Awareness & Internal auditor.
- At least 4 years in similar position and organisation.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of IT business software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Evidence of leadership qualities and people management skills.
- Client engagement. Interact with clients on all Health related matters.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, practical and approachable.
- Thrives on challenge, variety and making a difference.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to a demanding caseload, to organize time effectively and to cope and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to produce accurate and concise records & reports on OH issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of information at all times in accordance with Data Protection Policies.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and influencing skills.
- Value driven with a high level of integrity
- Good organization skills
- Evidence of knowledge of OH or Public health program development and implementation
- Evidence of knowledge of site clinic and remote medicine issues.
Work Environment/Other Information
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Competitive based on experience
- Travelling to other locations within the country maybe required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the e-mail subject.