NMS Engineer ipNX Nigeria Limited – Software Development
Sub Division: Monitoring and Command Centre
Job Function: Software Development
Reporting to: Manager, Monitoring and Command Centre
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
To provide creative and intuitive software applications as well as administer and optimize servers and managed resources to support the ever growing need for monitoring critical indices within the company network.
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
- Application development
- Server/Application Administration
- Project Management
- Dashboard development
- Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.) an added advantage.
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Database Management – Mysql, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Abilty to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, PHP or other programming languages.
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management.
- Knowledge and experience with various web technologies.
- Open Source software customization.
- Knowledge of current IT trends and technologies in software development.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Work Experience:
- Experience in Linux and monitoring system environment
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in SNMP. TR-069 and network management
- Experience in Perl, PHP, and Python
- Other Requirements:
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning