More than 90 other organizations has agreed and endorsed National COSH’s action agenda, Protecting Workers’ Lives and Limbs, released March 15.
National COSH and its supporting organizations say they will lobby members of Congress, as well as state and municipal representatives, to fight for enhanced safety and health protections for workers. National COSH delegations will visit congressional offices in advance of Workers Memorial Week, which is set to take place April 23-30.
The action agenda includes eight goals:
- Make worker health and safety a priority.
- Ensure health and safety protection for all workers.
- Increase worker participation.
- Eliminate disparities in workplace illnesses, injuries and fatalities, and ensure equal access to safe, healthy workplaces and protections.
- Reduce – and work to eliminate – the widespread use of toxic chemicals.
- Ensure injured workers have access to quality, timely medical treatment and just wage replacement benefits.
- Count all occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Implement measures to adapt to and prevent further climate change.
Read full article here