Job Title: Mechanical Engineer United Arab Emirate
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate
Job Ref.: WTSVN24505
About the company
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the international Oil, Gas and Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Senior Mechanical Engineer for one of our client who is reputed Chemical company to be based in Abu Dhabi for their new plant construction in Abu Dhabi.
Mechanical Engineer to review and update engineering standards to ensure they are appropriate and sufficient for use on the project – to build a grass roots refining catalysts plant in Abu Dhabi.
Major Responsibilities (In order of Importance)
1. Reviews and evaluates equipment standards, specifications, drawings and vendor documents to ensure they comply with Company engineering standards and meet the objectives of the project.
2. Reviews deliverables to ensure the project meets safety and quality standards both in design through execution. Ensures the project is designed and installed using sound engineering principles and in accordance with national codes and standards as well as corporate-wide procedures and standards.
3. Ensures engineering design and equipment provide best value to Company.
4. Work with Company’s plants and engineering groups to ensure standards used on the project reflect best practices.
- Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the chemical manufacturing industry, with preferred experience as an owner’s mechanical, maintenance or process engineer, as well as current knowledge of industry standards and best available technology.
- Must have experience specifying, operating and/or maintaining chemical process equipment including: piping systems, pumps, blowers/fans, filters, vessels, agitators, dust and solids handling equipment, and fired-equipment such as: boilers, calciners, and spray driers.
- Speaks fluent English.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately specify and procure chemical process equipment so that it delivers the best value to the owner.
- Experience reviewing vendor documents, calculations, drawings and fabrication procedures to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Experience inspecting fabrication of equipment including: carbon and alloy steels, and fiberglass reinforced plastics (FRP). Familiarity with materials testing, weld inspections and general quality assurance inspection techniques and procedures.
- Experience with evaluating process equipment sourced outside of North America is a plus.
- Must have strong communication and inter-personal skills at all levels of an organization, to include effective written communication.
- Culturally sensitive to doing business in the Middle East.
1. Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
3. Speaks English fluently. Demonstrates good written communication skills
4. Desire to be based for at least 3 years in the Abu Dhabi
5. Culturally sensitive to doing business in the Middle East