Mechanical Engineer EIT Canada
Job Ref.: EDM00M3
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Jan 17, 2018
WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and infrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – taking pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
As an Junior Mechanical Engineer at WorleyParsons, the successful candidate will be a part of a global team that delivers excellent project services to our customers in Alberta and throughout the world.
- Contribute to discipline Design Criteria for engineering or design activities.
- Conduct document checking and design verification tasks in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Contribute to design documentation and deliverables such as equipment sizing calculations, data sheets, piping line classes, material requisitions, equipment lists, construction work packages.
- Perform analysis and calculations, conduct studies and prepare reports.
- Interface with Piping Design and other Engineering Disciplines.
- Compiling or participating in construction work packages.
Technical and Industry Experience:
- 2 to 6 years of relevant EPC or industry experience. Prior experience in an EPC environment an asset.
- Familiarity of ASME B31.11, ASME B31.3, ASME B16.5, ASME VIII and industry best practices.
- Comprehension of the engineering development process and typical mechanical / piping deliverables such as equipment specifications and data sheets, piping line classes, piping isometrics, equipment lists, material requisitions, construction work packages.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
B.Sc. or M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering from an institution accredited by the Accreditation Board, Engineers Canada.
Registered as, or eligible to be registered as an EIT with APEGGA
Location: Edmonton or Calgary
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below: