Marine HSE Coach Shell oil and gas Singapore
Job Title: Marine HSE Coach
Job ID: 60195BR
Job Type: Full time
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Field Assurance Monitoring:
- Perform continual inspection and review of jobs for safe work practices (all HSSE aspects). Pro-actively ensure that all activities in the day-to-day operations are executed with no harm to personnel, environment and equipment and in accordance with agreed procedure.
- Provides leadership coaching to PU/Department personnel to achieve Goal zero aspiration.
- Maintains a high visible safety presence on site (approx 70% of time in the field).
- Conduct and/or lead the investigation of incidents & near misses to enable a continuous improvement and learning culture. Implement recommendations with sustainable solution mindset and communicate to PU stakeholders and HSSE community.
- Implementation and support of HSSE initiatives such as campaigns, Coaching Based Intervention programme and HSSE alerts and learning’s cascade.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current HSE issues in specific PU and across the site and communicate progress/findings of HSE audits periodically.
- Liaise with site Operations and maintenance personnel on HSSE matters, ensuring the application of best HSSE practices throughout the site.
- Lead and manage on site HSSE for all the turnaround and Major projects in assigned PU.
- Plan and implement special assignment in support of the initiatives roll out by the HSSE department.
- Assist to develop, improve and deliver site safety training such e.g AGST, contractor HSE leadership training.
- To review site HSSE procedures in collaboration with the HSSE compliance team.
- Identify HSE threats in the production unit and analyse common threats associated in the other units in Bukom.
- Raise the threats identified to key stakeholders in the unit and line to ensure effective mitigations are put in place to prevent escalation of threats in the unit.
Advisory and Communications:
- Acts as a mentor to supervision / management to encourage and support them applying a goal zero mindset to all tasks. Participate and advise on the development of work method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide feedback based on site practices e.g. leading indicators, and for updating HSSE procedures for Bukom.
- Communicate required compliance requirements and improvement areas to line management.
- Secretary for the PU HSSE committee meetings for Shell staff and contractors.
- Attend the Daily morning meeting in the respective PU.
- Attend and contribute to Tool Box and Enhanced Toolbox Meetings.
- Verification LOPC.
- Participate in PU HEMP reviews.
- Deliver Site Induction Training for staff and relevant HSE training.
- Assessment of respective PU ACSs.
- Development of assigned Safety Technician and BEST (contractor safety supervisors) members in assigned PU.
- To carry out the monthly Duty Safety Officer role.
- To carry out the legal requirement as Workplace Safety Health Officer.
- To proactively manage PU’s FIM performance to site standards
- To participate in the major emergency exercises and close any identified gaps.
Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site is one of the largest sites in the Shell Group with a crude distillation capacity of 500,000 barrels/day and a world scale ethylene cracker complex. It is an export refinery where a significant amount of its products are exported to countries in the region.
Safeguard and enhance the license to operate and reputation of Shell Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site by assuring compliance to applicable HSE legislation, regulations and Group/DS-M standards
- Ensure all activities are conducted and managed in accordance with agreed HSSE practices and procedures as outlined in the Bukom Manufacturing Site.
- Increase the onsite HSSE awareness and build a HSE generative culture among staff and contractors.
- HSE competence development of the assigned contractor HSE supervisors via on the job training and coaching is critical for successful delivery.
- To cultivate and build a generative HSSE culture in the PU.
- Visible ownership by working together (shoulder to shoulder) with PU operations and maintenance staff to identify and most importantly to solve HSSE issues.
The key decision making is when to intervene and when to coach and at what level. The goal is to develop a sustainable safety culture that happens 24/7 without need of HSE Coach intervention
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Specify the educational background, qualifications and experience typically required to perform the job fully and effectively.
Broad and well-grounded knowledge of refinery/petrochemical experience
(> 5 years).
Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
Sound understanding of safety & environmental legislative requirements.
HSE professional qualifications and degree a plus