Marine Engineer Malaysia
- Location: Atyrau
- Job type: Contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Job reference: RMS0191190
The Job Holder will report directly to the “Marine Assets & Technical Support Team Lead”
The Job Holder is responsible for
- Ensuring that the IBEEV & Living Quarters barge Contractors complete and record all relevant electrical planned maintenance activities and provide all required reports and inventories to COMPANY as required by the Contract.
- Ensuring that Company owned and contracted assets have their electrical systems maintained, operated and managed by Contractors in accordance with manufacturers and/or Company requirements.
- Ensuring familiarity with all aspects of installed electrical machinery and equipment, vessel operations and modes of deployment of all Company owned and contracted marine assets.
- Ensuring that all electrical systems are maintained by Contractor in an operable state and report any issues affecting the readiness of the vessel to perform its functions to the Marine Assets & Technical Support Team Lead.
- Ensuring the proper input to the Department to ensure Contractors execute schedules and maintenance activities (with particular reference to spares inventory, consumable supply, annual statutory inspections and major overhaul requirements).
- Review and approve dry-dock specifications for company assets relating to technical systems.
- Ensuring the planning and scheduling of running and maintenance tests for technical systems and machinery is effectively performed by the CONTRACTOR.
- Providing oversight of major Maintenance activities (when required) and ensuring that Company Marine Assets maintenance requirements are clearly understood by the CONTRACTORS.
- Ensuring that all Company NV and Statutory safety requirements are observed in the planning and execution of all Operation and Maintenance activities.
- Ensuring that appropriate feedback is received from the relevant CONTRACTOR personnel involved in the Operation and Maintenance activities.
- Compiling, completing and submitting all necessary reports and documentation concerning the technical aspects of maintenance related to Company marine assets.
- Assist CONTRACTOR in developing and implementing equipment operating logs.
- Provide technical assistance to CONTRACTORS as necessary.
- Providing the Atyrau technical team with fact based advice for all technical issues occurring Offshore.
- Providing expertise on automation systems and integrated automation systems.
- Monitoring of Contractor crew performance on site and providing feedback to the Atyrau technical team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The Job Holder must have:
- Senior Certificate of Competency [STCW95] in Marine Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience as Engineering Officer with the following experience and skills;
- An in depth understanding of Diesel and electric drive trains.
- Practical experience in fault finding, maintenance and repair of Marine, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to create precise technical reports and scope of works.
- Ability to develop and implement planned maintenance procedures.
- Crowd control / Crisis management course would be an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant international and local codes and standards pertaining to role.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluent written and spoken Technical English