Manager – Safety EH&S Job in Dallas
Location: DALLAS, Texas, United States
Job Ref: 1910001503
Support company goals and objectives related to safety, emergency response, Industrial Hygiene, regulatory compliance, safety auditing, contractor safety, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to develop consistency across the company in the application of company safety procedures and policies.
- Work individually and as part of the safety team to support and provide customer service to field Safety and Operations personnel.
- Assist with the management of company safety programs and with the development of company standard operating procedures (SOP) and training programs.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in his / her areas of responsibility.
- Provide direct field support to the Division Safety Representatives by providing advanced training, professional development, and technical assistance.
- Will be required to travel to remote locations to assist field personnel with safety related issues, conduct safety audits or training.
- This position has company wide support responsibilities. Travel requirements may range from 35% to 55% depending on business needs.
- May be assigned specific areas of responsibility but will work in all areas of safety as required by the needs of the department.
- Has direct reports to assist in meeting operational goals.
- Performs other duties as required / assigned to support the department goals.
- Assist operations Safety Representatives as needed.
- Perform safety audits as requested and support corporate Safety Audit program.
- Perform training as required.Conduct / assist with accident investigations as needed.
- Support the field with industrial hygiene activities.
- Support safety functions for emergency response operations as needed.
- Provide project support as needed for operations managed projects.
- Perform / assist with construction audits as requested by operations.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- 8+ years Oil and Gas or Petrochemical safety experience in progressive positions or equivalent operational experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Safety or related field, or progressive experience to demonstrate knowledge and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated customer focused solution provider.
- Computer skills: office applications and risk management applications.
- Mentor other department personnel.
- Effective communications skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of the company.
- CSP, ASP or other certification a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Driving, walking, and standing frequently
- Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
- Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
- Occasional overnight travel may be required