Manager Health & Safety 9mobile Nigeria Lagos
Job Ref: IRC3153
Job Type: Permanent
Lead the Health and Safety function in the management of physical, technical and personal security, ensuring that EMTS staff and assets are protected.
Coordinate the development and implementation of Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards to ensure all EMTS activities and operations are executed in a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Oversee the implementation of strategies for the provision of efficient and effective health and safety support to safeguard EMTS’s assets and personnel
- Lead and direct all activities relating to the creation and maintenance of a secure physical environment for EMTS operations.
- Establish physical Health and Safety standards as regards EMTS staff/personnel, asset and business relationships.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to Health and Safety activities
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding and allocation to achieve the unit’s function/strategy.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external stake holders i.e. relevant agencies (Federal Road Safety Corps, Fire Service, Health Institutions, etc).
- Coordinate regular updates on health and safety policies and procedures in line with environmental realities and innovation
- Review periodic regional health and safety report.
- Coordinate activities of health and safety officers ensuring optimal service delivery and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the monitoring of the effectiveness/efficiency of health and safety regularly and proffer appropriate recommendation.
- Coordinate the analysis of health and safety information and develop relevant mitigating action steps.
- Constitute and manage crisis management team.
- Develop and ensure regular review and update of Health and Safety policies and guidelines in line with regulatory trends and company objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of safety procedures for organisation wide operations covering: base station construction,installations, administrative offices maintenance etc.
- Organise appropriate safety training for employees as required to foster health and safety consciousness and understanding of individual roles in implementing EMTS’s health and safety policies.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans inline with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Business Partnering& Health & Safety
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Business Partnering & Health & Safety.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
Six (6) to eight (8)years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Follow the Apply link below. If you have no account with 9mobile Nigeria, click register to start the application process. If you already have an account, login with your details to begin the application process.