Manager, Corporate Safety Job in US
Develop safety programs, procedures and policies to enhance safety and compliance for our customers and branches. Communicate across departments in the organization to encourage safe performance. Build professional rapport to positively influence diverse groups with both internal and external customers. Collaborate with and coordinate the efforts of the Safety Specialists to ensure they meet the needs and expectations of our internal and external customers.
– Ensure compliance with OSHA and FMCSA regulations.
Manage, improve and coordinate company compliance metrics and efforts to include CSA scores, DQ File Compliance and DND List. Address and coordinate OSHA inspections, remediation efforts and responses.
– Mentor, train, develop and coordinate the activities of the Safety Specialists to ensure they are productive, efficient and well versed in DOT regulations as they support PTL customers.
– Review, address and resolve customer inquiries and complaints
– Policy and procedure development
– Develop and recommend consistent strategies for the prevention of accidents and injuries
– Establish metrics, monitor and analyze the efforts of the Safety Specialists and the performance of the branches, districts and areas
– Other projects as assigned by the Director, Safety
– Bachelors degree required. Concentration in Environmental Health and Safety, Logistics, Operations Management, Risk Management, or related degree preferred
– Board certified safety professional, ARM or CSP preferred
– 5 to 8 years total experience including five years safety management with policy development and regulatory compliance experience. Strong background in OSHA and facilitates compliance.
– 2 to 3 years total experience including 1 year management/supervisory experience preferred in transportation distribution environment. Working knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
– Must have a comprehensive knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations
– Must have a comprehensive knowledge of basic safety management techniques, hazard identification, risk assessment, accident investigation
– Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities and accomplish objectives required
– Ability to coordinate safety management efforts across all districts and areas required
– Must have effective teambuilding and relationship building skills
– Must be able to interact, influence and partner with many departments
– Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
– Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.