LSC HSSE Advisor Shell Petroleum Egypt
Location: Cairo – New Cairo DS, Egypt
Reference ID: 69345BR
At Shell Egypt, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world’s need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance. Shell began operations in Egypt in 1911 and has been a steady presence and employer ever since. In addition, our social investment and development programmes attest to our commitment to make a difference for Egypt’s youth. Shell Egypt runs workshop-based sessions aimed at delivering today’s practical business skills to students through lectures and training conducted by experienced Shell hires, such as the “Step Towards Progress” (STP) at Cairo University; the “Annual Conference for Engineering Students” (ACES) & the “Give and Gain” programme at Ain Shams University, the “Real Life Project” at the American University of Cairo and the “Al Amal Programme” (Hope Programme).
To provide HSSE leadership, expertise and support for all LSC, primarily plant operations (6th Oct Lubes Blending plant), warehousing activities (in-house and 3rd Party) and road transport (with the support of the Road Safety Group).
LSC Egypt have undertaken an ambitious HSSE cultural turnaround program over the past years, now yielding in in a marked improvement in its HSSE performance. This was made possible through intensive engagement of all staff and contractors on building HSSE behaviours and through creating and embedding a robust HSSE management system ensuring compliance with Shell and local legal requirements.
By displaying high HSSE leadership and being positive but critical on progress made, the incumbent will have to actively continue supporting the country and plant leadership team, the supervisors and all of the frontline to sustain and improve the behavioural journey to Goal Zero.
Amongst the key accountabilities, the HSSE Manager Lubricants Egypt is to:
- To support the HSSE management in LSC Egypt
- To ensure compliance to critical HSSE processes as prescribed by the HSSE & SP Control Framework, the Global and regional lubricants and site rules.
- To actively support the sustainability of the HSSE behavioural journey at LOBP and with the commercial teams.
- To manage the roll-out of global, regional and local HSSE plans and initiatives.
- To coach the managers, supervisors and frontline for HSSE matters.
- To take the required steps to raise risk awareness at all level of the local organisation.
- To be the guardian of the compliant applications of HSSE practices and tools.
- To keep a critical eye on the HSSE performance and behaviours and to report on observations to the site extended management team in a neither cosy nor hostile by firm way.
- To facilitate the sharing of local good practices and to collect and drive adoption of good practices from other sites and CoB.
- To act as an owner of the performance planning and appraisal process for HSSE, including the collection and reporting of performance data in accordance with the Lubricants business requirements.
- To manage, facilitate and document the risk assessments
- To manage, coordinate and monitor environmental impact reports, HSSE Risk Assessments, safety reports and investigation of HSSE incidents/reports.
- To manage the liaison with local Regulators/Industry.
- To support and advise on safe execution of projects.
- To provide required HSSE trainings and instructions for staff as per Shell and legal requirements
- To facilitate regular HSSE engagements with Shell and contractors management and supervisors to sustain and improve the HSSE performance and culture
- To identify appropriate HSSE legislative requirements and monitor their implementation on the site.
- Egyptian and English language ability essential to be effective in this role.
- Since 2016, the blending plant is undergoing significant project work expanding its capacity. This project involves the presence of an increased number of contractors and risks associated. The incumbent will be heavily involved in ensuring the safe delivery of the project.
The HSSE Manager Lubricants Egypt will be part of the network of HSSE advisors in Lubricants EMEA and will get exposed to interacting in a multicultural environment.
Required experience qualification
- Strong track record in HSSE management
- Sound understanding of HSSE policies, standards and procedures
- “Hands on” experience in the preparation of key HSSE management documentation (including HSE-MS) and use of the appropriate techniques (HEMP, Accident Investigation, Auditing).
- Well developed communication skills, ability to build productive internal and external relationships based on trust.
- Sound interpersonal & influencing skills and ability to work in a matrix organizational environment, influencing people and delivering results, usually without having formal authority or line responsibility.
- Ability to coach and develop staff on HSSE.
- Supply Chain operations experience and / or Lubricant business experience is an advantage.
- Safe Systems of Work/Personal Safety – Skill
- Safety Behavior Improvement and HSSE Culture – Skill
- Integrate HSSE into Business Plans and Procedures – Skill
- HSSE Performance and Information Management – Skill
- Incident Classification, Investigation and Reporting – Knowledge
- HSSE Audit – Skill
- HSSE Management Review, Assurance and Governance – Skill
- Emergency Response – Knowledge
- Product Stewardship – Knowledge
- Health, Security and Environment management – Knowledge
- Process/Technical Safety Engineering – Knowledge