Loss Prevention Engineer Brunel Energy Qatar
Contract Duration: Permanent Hire
Tentative Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Qatar
Reports To: Head of Loss Prevention Engineering
Deadline for CV Submission: 05th March 2018
Are you driven, independent and enthusiastic Loss Prevention Engineer interested in joining the team of our client, an LNG operating company in Qatar.
- Assist the Loss Prevention & Engineering with the implementation of the Company loss prevention programs and ensures compliance with relevant codes of practice and petrochemical industry engineering standards.
- Participate in or lead in-house hazard identification and risk assessment studies as appropriate and prepare related reports. Work with other groups to ensure that risk assessment recommendations receive appropriate follow-up.
- Review engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documentation related to process safety engineering and provide professional assessment of the documents.
- Assist with scope development for externally contracted safety studies and co-ordinate review and acceptance of such studies.
- Prepare/update loss prevention engineering procedures as need is identified.
Task And Duties:
- Provide Loss Prevention input and review for engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documents to ensure they meet with the current standards.
- Facilitate, lead Formal Risk Assessment (Joint Safety Review, HAZOP, what-if) and prepare related reports.
- Provide advices on the use of SHE Risk Assessment Matrix, implementation of Formal Risk Assessment Procedure.
- Manage development of Operational SHE Case. Coordinate activities required for the completion of Operational SHE Case. Work with external consultant to produce quality SHE Case document. Work with company Assets and other functional group to secure.
- Participate in eMOC (Management of Change) Process. Review Management of Change requests (MOCs) and consult with assigned engineers and the functional groups to ensure that Plant\Field integrity and safety is maintained.
- Represent Loss Prevention and provide support to the capital projects for any safety study including, HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model Review, SIL Review, QRA.
- Participate in handover planning of new asset to company project from loss prevention engineering point of view.
- Provide inputs to company assets on process safety improvement.
- Responsible for the support of Company Safety, Environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
- Coordinates and participates, as required, in accident & incident investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Safety Engineering. Master degree in the Chemical or Safety Engineering is desirable.
- 7-8 years’ experience in industrial safety and loss prevention in the oil and gas industry with special emphasis on Process Safety, Technical Safety Studies such as QRA, SIL, Hazops, PHA studies, Loss Prevention Engineering, Risk Assessment, Safe Systems of Work and Emergency Procedures.
- Special emphasis is placed on ability to lead hazard identification reviews utilizing recognized techniques (e.g., HAZOP, What-If, etc.) with a good understanding of risk assessment techniques. Practical knowledge of safe systems of work is essential with Emergency Preparedness knowledge/experience strongly desirable.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, hazard identification software’s (i.e. PHAPro) and consequence modeling software (i.e. PHAST).