Legal Secretary – Workplace Health Safety and Security Clyde & Co Sydney
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Work Type: Contract/Temp
About Clyde & Co
Clyde & Co, a global law firm with leading corporate clients, is seeking a professional and vibrant Legal Secretary to join our Sydney office on a full time basis in our Workplace Health Safety and Security practice on a contractual basis.
We currently have the opportunity for a full-time Legal Secretary to join our Workplace Health and Safety practice on a parental leave contractual basis where you will be supporting a Partner and a team of lawyers.
The support team in the Sydney office work closely together and are true team players. The environment is positive, collaborative and flexible. The role will provide you with variety in your day as you will be responsible for the following:
- creation of correspondence and court documents;
- generating briefs to counsel and liaising with junior and senior counsel on matter coordination;
- diary management, including organising internal and external client meetings and arranging flights and accommodation;
- attending to client and matter queries, including managing the process of opening new clients and matters through to closure of a matter;
- capturing and recording fee earner business development activities and liaising with clients;
- monthly billing, including ensuring that client SLA’s and specific billing requirements are followed;
- assisting with coordination and planning of internal and external events.
- attend to travel arrangements, making flight and accommodation bookings through the firm’s travel management company and preparing itineraries.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary; ;
- be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office 2010);
- have a typing speed of at least 65 WPM with strong attention to detail;
- have great attention to detail and organisational skills;
- have professional and polished presentation with clear and concise communication; and
- be a team player with a flexible approach.
About the firm
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused law firm with more than 2000 legal professionals and 3600 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices on six continents. It has foxus on five core global sectors that position it at the heart of global trade and commerce: insurance, trade & commodities, energy, transport and infrastructure. The firm has doubled in size twice in the last ten years, is one of the fastest growing law firms in the world and has ambitious plans for future growth.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic and progressive firm. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (including cover letter and resume) online via the apply button.