Lead Safety Database System Specialist Job in UK
Category: Clinical Safety
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Medpace is a scientifically-driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Medpace’s mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its high-science and disciplined operating approach. We leverage local regulatory and deep therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Medpace employs approximately 2,700 people across 36 countries.
Due to our continued growth, we are in need of qualified and focused individuals, like yourself. This is a vital role with our Clinical Safety team whose success relies upon your finely tuned skills and background. If you are ready to make a difference, you must be able to accomplish these tasks:
- Assist with safety database enterprise setup and change verifications;
- Assist in resolving safety database-related issues;
- Assist with creating data models and/or reports using business intelligence reporting tools (i.e., Responsible for Cognos and/or Business Intelligence data retrieval from the safety database.);
- Assist with upgrade validation of safety database and related software;
- Assist in development of database instructions; and
- Assist with training of end users.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Health Informatics, or related field and 7 years of clinical safety database management experience;
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools preferred (i.e., Cognos, Oracle Business Intelligence, Business Objects);
- Demonstrated knowledge of current safety database, including set up and validation processes;
- Demonstrated proficiency with current reporting tool and demonstrated ability to effectively generate summary reports;
- Excellent computer and organizational skills; and
- Exhibits strong communication skills (both written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills.