Primary Location: SAU-EP-Al Khobar
Unposting Date: Jan 20, 2018
Worley Parsons, in conjunction with its local partners has a 5 year General Engineering and Project Management Services contract with Saudi Aramco to assist in the delivery of a portfolio of oil and gas facilities, pipelines and communications projects throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These projects may range from standalone greenfield and semi-greenfield projects through to multiple brownfield modification and asset improvement projects. Worley Parsons is looking to supplement its established project delivery team with additional professional resources to tackle this exciting opportunity.
We seek an experienced Flow Assurance Engineering Specialist who will have proven ability to perform Flow Assurance studies to join the Process Department Upstream. The Upstream Process Engineering provides engineering expertise in the processing of natural gas and light hydrocarbons, production, and stabilization of crude oil, and flow assurance for pipelines.
- Act as a flow assurance technical advisor, and provide timely project support
- Must have excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Conduct Flow Assurance studies using software packages, e.g., OLGA, PIPESIM, PIPEPHASE, SPS, etc.
- Deliver presentations to an internal and international audience of experts and publishes technical papers
- Mentor junior engineers
- Propose and establish pipeline simulation related standards
- Plan to host special interest group meeting
- Deliver in-house flow assurance training courses
- Work independently and create a positive work environment
- Demonstrate excellent technical report writing and presentation
- Extensive expertise in single and multiphase pipelines hydraulic simulation.
- Extensive expertise in steady state and transient hydraulic analyses using industry standard software, e.g., OLGA, SPS, PIPEPHASE, and PIPESIM.
- CFD simulation experience in flow assurance applications.
- Experienced in simulating gas network.
- Knowledge of flow assurance issues like hydrates, wax, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, as well as excellent oral/written presentation skills.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, codes, and standards.
- Experienced in surge analysis of liquid lines using simulation tools like SPS and designing of surge mitigation are desirable.
As a successful candidate, you should have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (advanced degree preferred), with around 15-25 years of industry experience, of which the last 10 years must be in flow assurance.