LATAM Environmental Compliance Leader Job in Columbia
- Identify / Manage Risk – Responsible for driving continuous improvement to enhance environmental compliance to applicable regulations and conformance to Baker Hughes requirements in area of responsibility – Latin America
- Conducts informal compliance visits and formal HSE audits with an emphasis on environmental compliance
- Evaluates compliance status including the results of site visits and audits; compliance records and other leading and lagging indicators to identify potential gaps and risks
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical approaches to enhance environmental compliance broadly across the product companies in the geographic area of responsibility
- Participate in and/or conduct audits of waste vendors and third party tollers to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and conformance to Baker Hughes minimum requirements.
- Build Capacity – Responsible for identifying innovative ways to improve capacity and knowledge in the organization to allow the teams to be self-sufficient.
- Develop and implement strategies to coach and mentor HSE representatives to increase their level of environmental competency
- Provides recommendations on training and development including contributing to internal training course content
- Provide Environmental Technical Expertise – provides guidance on environmental regulatory requirements and best practices
- Develop permit submittals and/or coordinate with consultants as needed for new and existing facilities
- Provide technical expertise to field HSE and operations personnel to improve compliance and assist with environmental reporting
- Act as a liaison for Baker Hughes with regulatory agencies
- Oversees corrective action plans and develops responses to regulatory agencies as needed for regulatory violations and enforcement actions; liaises with local legal counsel as needed
- Identifies and communicates anticipated impact and proactive planning steps and action needed to address new and changing environmental regulations and industry standards (e.g. IOGP) and develop new methods to embed the changes within the organization.
- May participate in remediation projects within the region, providing local expertise and project management where assigned.
- Demonstrates Environmental Leadership – initiates, inspires and collaborates to realize meaningful Environmental and Sustainability improvements
- Provides leadership in proactive environmental strategies including energy efficiency/ climate change/greenhouse gas reduction targets, water conservation, environmental outreach and sustainability
- Represents Baker Hughes in various industry forums to establish position as industry leader
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental discipline preferred and 10 years of experience.
- In-depth understanding environmental regulations in geographic area of responsibility.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement environmental regulations, standards, and best practices on a broad, regional perspective, especially related to chemical storage, aboveground storage tanks, air, water, waste and related areas.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and across diverse cultures.
- Strong capability to present ideas and strategies and influence local and regional operations leadership to take action.
- Ability to mentor and coach a diverse group of employees to transfer environmental knowledge and enhance their skills.
- Ability to work independently; strong initiative and self-motivated; must also collaborate well across multiple teams and functions while working remotely for a significant portion of their time.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies and track progress; Manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Superb presentation skills to effectively represent Baker Hughes at industry forums.
- Must be able to travel 25-40%.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.