Key responsibilities of this role will also include but not limited to:
- Keep abreast of HSE regulatory matters and inform the business via line manager.
- Assist in the preparation and the development of Burbank Health Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies and strategies.
- Promote the highest standards of HSE management and awareness amongst staff, clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in the development and collation of information about environmental sustainability matters to assist with management decisions.
- Lead or support HSE committees as required.
- Coordinate or conduct training for staff and contractors.
- Conduct HSE Audits.
- Manage and maintain HSE data bases and reporting.
- Assist in the maintenance of HSE accreditations where required.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience,
- Ability to interpret legislation & regulations together with policy and procedure,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation and report writing,
- Ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HSE issues,
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and control own workload,
- Development and implement HSE programs and initiatives to meet the needs of the organisation,
- An understanding of construction methods, the risks and hazards,
Burbank offers an attractive base salary, with plenty of benefits including discounts on house and land purchase, suppliers and more. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to work in a great team with a supportive manager.
If you are an experienced HSE Officer looking for a great new career opportunity, please APPLY NOW via SEEK, attaching your covering letter and up to date resume.