ISPON membership is very important for all health and safety professionals practicing in Nigeria or aspiring to practice in Nigeria. ISPON means – Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria
ISPON is no doubt one of the most recognized health and safety professional body in Nigeria. The organization has established itself as a front liner in the health and safety profession.
ISPON membership has been highlighted as a requirement for consideration for some health and safety jobs.
ISPON membership cut across most fields of endeavours; Safety Managers/Officers, Factory Inspectors, occupational hygienists, environmentalists, Engineers, Occupational Health Physicians and Nurses, Economists, Scientists, Fire Engineers and Security Professionals in Governments, Military, Industries and Educational Institutions in Nigeria as well as private safety consultants.
ISPON has two categories of membership namely: Individual and Corporate membership.
ISPON Membership Benefits
- The Institute offers opportunities to members to advance their professional knowledge through the Institute’s published newsletters, journals and lectures by members and other professional guest lecturers.
- Share expertise and experience.
- Exchange ideas and keep up with new developments in safety practice.
- Gain recognition for professional endeavours.
- Members who pay their dues regularly are covered by insurance. Membership Annual Subscription.
How To Become An ISPON Member
If you are a health and safety practitioner, work in an associated field or have an interest in health and safety, you can enjoy the benefits of ISPON membership.
Applicants – How to Join
- Visit www.ispon.emms.ng to create an online profile
- Verify your email address by clicking on the email verification link sent to your email.
- Login and complete the online application.
- Upload scanned copies of supporting documents.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee (through bank transfer or debit/credit card) and submit your application.
- Sit for and pass membership screening examination
- Upon approval of membership application, pay the automatically-generated annual membership dues
Supporting Documents Needed – Individual Applicants
- Certificate(s) of educational qualification(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Evidence of professional safety experience (reference letter from employers or clients)
- Certificate(s) of relevant HSE Training
- Means of Identification (international passport, driver’s license, national ID card or voters card)
- Signed Sponsor form
Supporting Documents Needed – Corporate Applicants
- Company registration documents
- HSE policies and manual
- Company profile
Existing Members – How to create online profile
- Visit www.ispon.emms.ng, click on “Create Profile” then select “Existing Member”
- Enter your membership number and surname, then click on “Search”
- Update your profile as indicated and verify your email address
- Pay the automatically-generated annual membership dues (through bank transfer or debit/credit card)
For enquiries and support on the e-MMS, contact [email protected]
|Class of Membership||Grade||Designatory Letter|
|CORPORATE MEMBER||Consulting (valid for practice)|
|Affiliate (not valid for practice)|
Membership Application Fees
|Corporate Application +
|Individual Application +
|Membership Upgrade Fee||N 22,906|
|Screening Exemption Fee||57,094|
Annual Membership Subscription Fees
Every member shall pay to the Institute an annual membership subscription fee in such amount and manner as may from time to time be prescribed by Governing Board.
Membership annual subscription presently in force are as follows:
|Class of Membership||Annual Subscription Fee|
|CORPORATE MEMBER||N 114,074|
|Registered Student||N 2,393|
Hence, you should visit the ISPON branch near you to enquire.
If you are not yet an ISPON member as a HSE professional, you should plan to register as a member, because it will give you a professional edge.