Intermediate Health and Safety Professional, Whitby/ Any GTA office Job in Canada
Job Ref: WHI00168
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Whitby
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD has an opening in our Whitby, Ontario office for an experienced Health and Safety Professional who has their Certificate of Recognition (COR)/ or ISO 18001/45001 and aspires to excel in their career by being an active employee in a dynamic, well-established company.
You thrive on providing leadership in establishing and sustaining a safe work place by effective interaction with internal and external clients, while being a core contributor to the integration and application of GHD’s overall behaviour based vital health and safety program. This role includes travel within the GTA and Ontario as per business needs.
The successful candidate will assist, coordinate and/ or lead on:
- The Ontario Regional HSE Manager with integrating and application of GHD’s internal behaviour based safety and health program
- The implementation and maintenance of Certificate of Recognition (COR) in Ontario
- The implementation and maintenance of ISO 18001/45001 in Canada
- The development of HSE training programs
- The HSE Training Matrix for Canadian offices
- Inspections/Audits in GHD Offices, Materials Testing Labs, and Project Sites
- The development of HSE communications and presentations
- HSE communication sessions
- Support to the PPE inspection programs in Canadian offices
- Subcontractor HSE program reviews
- The maintenance of GHD’s HSE programs in offices, labs and project sites
- The HSE document retention tracking for offices, labs and project sites
- Incident investigations
- Internal and client-specific safety programs
- Compliance with all aspects of GHD’s safety programs and jurisdictional requirements
- Employee HSE training
- PPE assessments, respiratory fit testing and implementation of site PPE programs
- BSc Degree or Diploma in Safety, Engineering, Environmental/Earth Sciences or related field
- Possession or currently in pursuit of CRSP, or CRST designation
- Minimum of 5 years of health and safety experience preferably in the environmental field, construction, materials testing, hazardous remediation; and/or consulting required
- Experience as an IHSA Certificate of Recognition (COR) internal auditor or ISO 18001/45001
- Knowledge/experience with HSE Management Systems
- Experience in Emergency Response preferred, but not required
- Qualified to perform incident investigations using Root Cause Analysis type methods, or equivalent
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and interpret Canadian standards and regulations
- Must be able to communicate in English both orally and written (French would be an asset, not required)
- Must have current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario as per business needs
- Ability to provide leadership in establishing and sustaining a safe work place by effective interaction with internal and external clients.