Industrial Hygienist Shell petroleum Pernis & Moerdijk
Job Ref.: 67612BR
Deadline: 16 February, 2018
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
About the role
For Shell Health we are recruiting an Industrial Hygienist. Industrial Hygienists help to keep workers and the communities surrounding workplaces, healthy and safe. We also ensure compliance with country laws and regulations in the work environment, as well as Shell Group requirements in the HSSE-Compliance Framework. To do this, the Industrial Hygienists work with our other Health and HSSE colleagues, as well as business and functional line managers, to assess existing health risks in a workplace. This includes giving advice how workers can be protected from job-related health and safety risks when dealing with chemicals, noise, radiation and physical or psychological hazards. We can also identify opportunities for health improvements that add business value such as finding viable alternatives to traditional ways of working.
- Deliver agreed services using standardized tools and processes;
- Provide guidance on industrial hygiene for Pernis and Moerdijk, such as hygiene monitoring strategies, methodology, training to comply with Shell standards and local legislation;
- Provide information, technical expertise and advice for corporate Health in formulation of policies, standards and guides;
- Audit, conduct and review of health risk assessments;
- Participate in HSSE inspections, audits and committees;
- Work with businesses to implement the Health standards from the HSE Control Framework and related Group standards and processes in a cost-effective manner;
- Assure quality of external hygiene consultancy and analysis services;
- Conduct hygiene monitoring e.g. noise and chemical monitoring.
- Industrial Hygiene training at University level (MSc or equivalent);
- A recognized certification in Industrial Hygiene;
- Substantial Industrial Hygiene experience;
- Experience in advising management on industrial hygiene requirements in line with business and/or functional needs and priorities
- Experience in managing hygiene related projects including supervision of hygiene work by contractors
- Experience in teamwork within a health team
- Dutch and English language skills both verbal and written