Industrial Hygienist in Canada – ExxonMobil
The Industrial Hygienist supports survey activities, evaluation of Occupational Health programs and review of relevant regulations. Work activities include identifying and evaluating potential chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace, and recommending suitable corrective action or control to management. The IH updates site noise dosimetry and noise map data and prepares reports. This position also provides field support during major Mechanical Activities, including evaluation of benzene, welding fumes, silica dust and noise. The IH also reviews and summarizes exposure data for all sites, identifies potential exposure indicators/agents of interest, and responds to employee inquiries related to chemical, physical and biological agents encountered within the workplace, as well as to queries about product safety regulations and legislation.
This position supports two offshore facilities that are accessed via helicopter. Travel to these facilities would occur approximately one week every two months.
- Bachelors level degree in Engineering or Science
- Masters level degree specializing in Industrial/Occupational Hygiene (preferred)
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and strong communication skills
- Strong team player
- Occasional travel may be required
Start Date: September 2019
Location: St. John’s, NL
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs – enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: August 5, 2019