I & E Technician ASA – OS – Onshore & OM Watford City
Company: ASA – OS – Onshore & OM
Location: Watford City, US
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a I & E Technician to join our team in Watford City, ND. The successful candidate will be required to undertake direct work onsite, manage and run job site with minimal supervision while bringing experience and knowledge to the success of the project.
This position will report directly to manager who oversees direct reports.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Responsible for supervising overall instrument and electrical systems.
- Monitor instrument and electrical performance
- Proactive approach to all preventive and predictive IE maintenance activities
- Learn and understand Targa’s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies.
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Have a solid understanding and application experience with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC) to include the following: Knowledge of IEC-63111-3 programming languages specifically ladder logic, downloading and uploading programs, online edits, and troubleshooting logic.
- Create HMI graphics, both for local HMI and SCADA.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot and correct control system wiring for transmitters, switch devices, and PLC output commands to an array of control devices.
- Become familiar with the Wonderware ArchestrA SCADA system and learn to setup and configure derived instances for new systems being brought online.
- Evaluate piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), control panel and junction box diagrams, process flow diagrams and electrical one-lines.
- Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot instrumentation to include the following: pressure, temperature, and level instruments.
- Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot coriolis flow meters.
- Perform configuration and troubleshooting controls related to variable speed drives (VFD)
- Troubleshoot and correct issues with positive displacement flow meters specifically pulse contacts and optical high speed pulse devices.
- Flow Computers and remote terminal units (RTU) I/O wiring, configuration, and communications.
- Strong knowledge and skilled in EtherNet I/P and Serial Radio installation and configuration.
- Have solid knowledge of electrical theory and controls for low voltage systems.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems related to control systems rated at 120 VAC and less.
- Familiar with NEC code and API code regulations regarding area classification and requirements for electrical components located within classified areas.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in year of work related experience
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Electrical Engineering Education (Bachelor’s or Associates) or related College Courses
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC Logix 5000 and 500 product line
- Experience with Allen-Bradley Panelview Plus HMI product line
- Experience with Freewave radios and Sierra Wireless cell modem devices
- Experience with Emerson Rosemount pressure, temperature and level devices
- Experience with Micromotion Coriolis meters
- Experience with Eaton 9000 series VFD’s
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC144478 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.