Human Factors Professional in Singapore – Shell
Job Ref: 100512BR
Country of Work Location: Singapore
City, State (if applicable): Metropolis
Work Location: Singapore – Metropolis
Deadline: 19th April, 2019
2. Act as technical authority (TA) to capital projects
3. Manage strategic implementation of HF principles in capital projects and operational assets in the AP region, contributing to risk reduction and business improvement
4. Deliver training and assist in supporting and mentoring HFE Coordinators
5. Managing and providing quality assurance of deliverables from external HF specialist contractors.
6. Liaise, assist and advise other Health professionals in supporting compliance with group standards on HFE, Fatigue, Office Ergonomics and other relevant HF risk areas.
7. Advise global HF lead on changes and improvements to HF policy, standards, tools and processes to improve quality input and value of HF implementation in Shell.
8. Provide targeted improvement strategies to improve human performance of businesses and assets
9. Work with external technical groups to develop the region’s petrochemical industry knowledge and competency in human factors
10. Contribute to the authorship and development of Shell DEPs, and collaborating with technical leads from other members of international bodies to develop and publish industry standards and guidance.
- Provides HFE support to ORM and non-ORM capital projects + support to HPOs as HFE SME
- Engage and collaborate with senior businesses and technical leaders to adopt and implement Human Factors principles to improve human performance and organisational reliability
- Collaborate with industry bodies (e.g. Energy Institute, IOGP) and regulators to develop human factors competence in the region.
- A BSc/MSc specializing in Human Factors, Ergonomics and/or relevant Behavioural Science OR
- Satisfies professional certification requirements of recognised professional bodies, such as:
- Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF)
- USA Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (CPE/ CHFP)
- Register of Professional Certified Ergonomists (Australia)
- 10 years experience in Human Factors, preferably in the oil and gas or other safety critical industry