HSSEQ QA-QC Manager (LOS) Lagos
Location (City): Lagos
- Planning, preparing, implementing and (continuous) review of the project QMS (Quality Management System) as per ISO 9001 and Company mandatory rules, specifications and statutory requirements.
- Identifying the contractual requirements and advise the relevant Package Managers.
- Determining and establishing the quality policy and objectives, preparing and implementing the quality plan, the QA/QC audit plan and QA/QC procedures.
- Stimulating quality awareness and implications with all project employees and striving for continual improvement of the implemented QMS.
- Defining required QA/QC resources needed during various phases of project progress and managing QA/QC services contracts
- Performing internal and external audits, rising where necessary appropriate corrective action requests and follow up with effective re-audit and close out.
- Managing NCRs with relevant departments and tracking trends.
- Prepare, issue, revise and control CLIENT PEP (Project Execution Plan)
- Develop, establish and maintain the Project Quality Management System (QMS) including Quality Plan, Surveillance Plan and procedures to ensure that the project focuses on planning, control and improvement of activities.
- Prepare quality requirements for the Contracts – Invitation to Tender (ITT) and bids QA/QC evaluation
- Establish a process for QA/QC resource identification and integrate this with current and predicted project needs
- Define controls to maintain system integrity during potential project organizational changes
- Convene QA & QC meetings with Contractor(s) on a regular basis to discuss quality matters as necessary
- Report promptly to CLIENT any quality related problems and intended resolutions that is identified and need to be resolved, including suggestions for resolution
- Prepare a budget for CLIENT surveillance resources through all phases of the project and prepare a plan of when these resources shall be required to mobilised and demobilised. This activity will be planned in conjunction with Total Corporate resources available in the locations required. CLIENT surveillance activities shall always be coordinated with the CLIENT Lead Engineers
- Plan, conduct and report audits and reviews in accordance with the agreed Audit and Review Programme assisted where necessary by CLIENT specialist discipline personnel
- Monitor the application of all certification and classification control and links with the classification society
- Arrange and participate in Design Reviews of Design Packages
- Carry out appraisal of contractor quality systems
- Participate in the review of HAZOP reports
- Monitor qualitative reliability, hazard analysis as well as maintainability and operability analysis
- Review requisitions for Quality Requirements for construction, equipment and materials
- Monitor the resolution of any identified non-conforming activities, findings, concessions, deviations etc
- Assist in the review of critical Contractor enquiry and purchase requisitions and ensure CLIENT contractual quality related requirements, codes, standards etc., have been adequately specified
- Review key Contractors, Sub-Contractor, Vendor and Supplier Inspection & Test Plans to include CLIENT surveillance (hold, witness & review) of key activities including inspection and testing to verify compliance to the requirements independently
- Co-ordinate all inspection and testing activities provided by the call off Service Contractor and verify inspector’s and NDT technician’s qualifications and check all inspection orders and reports for accuracy and depth of detail
- A degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent complemented with training in the domain of ISO 9001 / Internal Auditing.
- Theoretical and practical experience with implementation of Quality Plans, ITPs CARs & NCRs document control and a process approach to Quality Management.
- A Sound working knowledge of welding and NDT and ability to lead quality audits and reviews.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Quality Management in the Oil & Gas or related industry and 5 years in supervisory position.
- Knowledge of RBI methodology (Risk Based Inspection); Knowledge of Unisup.
- Fluent English (written, read, spoken).