Adexen is mandated by an international Oil & Gas group to recruit a HSSEQ Manager. The position is based in Senegal.
Our client is an international group providing Oil&Gas services.
- Provide Management, Leadership and advice for the application of Health, Safety, Security Environmental and Quality in accordance with the Company HSSEQ-MS and programs within the Local Business Unit.
- Verify compliance and / or identify any non-compliance issues with laws, regulations, permits and certification within the Company Local Business Unit.
- Provide high quality advise, support and guidance to local Company Managers, Supervisors, Employees and Contractors to assist them in meeting their respective responsibilities under law and relevant industry standards.
- Manage personnel within Company HSSEQ Team which includes, but not limited to, work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel action; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Manage and assist Local HSSEQ Staff in the development of local HSSEQ procedures, ensuring they comply and meet the requirements of the Company Group HSSEQ-MS.
- Responsible in ensuring operational activity is undertaken in accordance with the Company HSSEQ-MS and all relevant local laws, regulations and Client HSSEQ requirements.
- Provide Internal Auditing support and be the focal point for all HSSEQ audits within the Business Unit.
- Develop and Implement the annual HSSEQ Audit schedule.
- Provide support, advice and review of process of Company’s HSSEQ Incident investigations to local staff and management.
- Provide HSSEQ contractor prequalification and vetting.
- Review manage and maintain the Business Unit CAPA Register.
- Undertake or support HSSEQ audits in accordance with the Company Audit Schedule and client requirements.
- Liase with clients on HSSEQ matters as they pertain to Company
- Develop and provide HSSEQ Training (including Inductions) to personnel within the Company Local Business Unit.
- Development and Management of the Company Operations HSSEQ Training Matrix
- Obtain and/or Maintain Base compliance to ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001.
- Assist with the compliance, maintenance and review of the Port Facilty Security Plan in accordance with the ISPS Code.
- Undertake the function of the Port Facility Security Officer.
- Develop and maintain the Emergency Response Plan for the Business Unit.
- Coordinate ERP drills and excercises
- Develop and Maintain the local Waste Management Plan and registers.
- Assist in the formulation of lifting plans.
- Monitor, formulate and submit monthly HSSEQ statistics to Group HSSEQ, inclusive of air and water discharge.
- Manage and control the operational Permit to work System
- Conduct Tool Box Talks and lead Safety Meetings.
- Formulate Risk assessments.
- Implement and maintain the Chemalert, Chemical Risk Management System.
- Provide advise and solution to unsafe acts and conditions.
- Manage the base SHOC card System.
- Responsible for all lifting equipment, accessories
- Manage Security contracts and contractors within Company Base
- Responsible for obtaining relevant operational permits from government agencies
- Ensure all incident investigations are completed and relevant CAPA’s are identified, implemented and verified for effectiveness.
- Review and approve all HSSEQ Department purchases.
- Assist in the development of tender responses
- Provide support to the Group HSSEQ manager
- Liaise with authorities to secure permissions and permits as necessary
- Secure necessary government approvals as required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality disciplines within the Offshore Oil and Gas/Marine industry or associated fields.
- A good command of French
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent
- Lead/Internal Auditor Qualifications
- Lifting Operations Competent Person, ideally LOLER certified
- First Aid at Work
- HSSEQ Management System development and implementation.
- Experience with coaching and advising employees in relation to HSSEQ requirements and responsibilities.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build working relations;
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSEQ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Sound judgement and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer literate; MS Excel, MS Word &Power Point
- Fully licensed to work in respective location.
- Previous experience in lifting operations
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below.