HSSE Manager – Wells – QGC Shell Petroleum Australia
Location: Brisbane – George Street, Australia
Skillpool group: Health Safety Environment & Security
Deadline: 3rd March, 2018
Reference ID: 71127BR
This HSSE Manager – Wells position is a key role in our QGC Team, and is responsible for leading the Wells Community and HSSE staff in the QGC business on the journey of continuous improvement in HSSE performance towards Goal Zero in personal, process safety and environment.
QGC Wells Operations run an intensive 24-hour operation across multiple sites with approximately 16 rigs and numerous rigless, civil, coil and pumping operations.
As a member of the HSSE and PT Wells Leadership Teams, the successful candidate will lead the implementation of the HSSE requirements from the Shell Australia HSSE 2020 Improvement plan and the Wells PT2020 implementation plan to enable compliance with regulatory requirements, Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework and Wells Specific standards.
Leadership accountabilities will include, but not be limited to, leading a team of 12 direct reports (HSSE Advisors) and 4 indirect reports (Assist and Assure Coaches) to deliver key aspects of the role.
Responsibilities of the role will also include:
- Member of the QGC extended Leadership Team.
- Member of Shell Australia HSSE Leadership Team with direct reporting line to QGC HSSE Manager.
- Member of PT Wells QGC Leadership Team with dotted reporting line to GM Wells Australia.
- Member of Wells Safety IG Leadership Team with dotted reporting line to Manager Wells Safety IG.
- Shell Australia member representative on the Board of Wellsite Permit to Work.
- Member of industry groups such as Safer Together, rig site safety working group and JOOAP (Joint Onshore Operator Audit program).
- Contract manager for numerous low value assurance contracts.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have:
- Extensive experience in oil & gas well operations, including as a line supervisor, with detailed understanding of the competences required for Personal and Process Safety implementation.
- Proven ability to effectively influence senior wells leaders in driving HSSE performance improvement.
- Ability to work and communicate remotely and influence from a distance, often without direct line management connect.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining a high level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company’s performance.
If you have these skills and have the specialist competencies, HSSE and/or engineering qualifications and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.