HSSE Manager – QGC Midstream Shell Petroleum Australia
Location: Gladstone, Australia
Skillpool group: Health Safety Environment & Security
Reference ID: 71142BR
This HSSE Manager – Midstream position is a key role in our QGC Team, and is responsible for providing HSSE functional leadership and support for the QGC Asset Manager and Midstream Leadership Team(s), in accordance with Shell Business Principles, Standards and Policies.
The key deliverables and accountabilities of this role are:
- Supports the Midstream Leadership Team in developing a generative HSSE culture.
- Works closely with the Midstream asset team and the broader Shell HSSE functional team to lead, facilitate and implement the necessary HSSE improvement plans, processes, and development of a culture required for world-class HSSE performance.
- Supports and sustains robust implementation of, and adherence to the LNG Plant Safety Case, Operations Environmental Management Plan (OEMP), Emergency Response Plan, and HSSE management systems and processes such as incident investigation and emergency response management.
- Achieves continuous improvement through analysis of performance trends, learnings from incident, and audits.
- Provides strategic HSSE support for Midstream Turnaround activity.
- Provides strategic HSSE support for the C&P process for Midstream contractors.
- Site Leadership Team focal point for execution of the Diamond Protection (emergency response and security services) and ISOS (medical services) contractor.
- Establishes & monitors performance through annual HSSE targets and KPIs.
- Relationship holder with regulatory agency HICB.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have;
- Strong experience in the oil, gas or chemicals sectors, ideally with direct LNG experience,
- Proven ability to influence change through innovation to improve HSSE performance in a similar role.
- Deep knowledge of HSSE Management Systems, and thorough understanding and application of HSSE legislation.
- Strong leadership, communication, and facilitation skills.