HSSE Manager Germany
Job Type: Fixed Term
Job ID: 2018-22458
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior HSE Manager with significant Pharmaceutical experience to provide site-based leadership and support and ensure efficient HSSE management.
- Provide the leadership and support necessary to ensure efficient Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSSE) management. The main aim being to create secure, safe and healthy working conditions throughout the site, while protecting the environment during construction operations
- Manage the duties and controls detailed by the Site HSSE Plan, pertaining to health, safety, the environment and security requirements and ensure continuous compliance
- Have an advanced level understanding of the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, and ensure sites are managed to these standards
- Supervision of Project HSE staff.
- Attend pre-job, planning and other client meetings as required.
- Conducts regular audits and inspections at project locations.
- Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action.
- Development and implementation of HSE Plans and emergency response plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as local client requirements.
- Ensures that all project personnel and crew comply with client and company HSE training and medical requirements.
- Provide relevant information for monthly HSE reports.
- Conduct HSE presentations to employees as required.
- Supervise the administrator and record keeping on area specific HSE audits, reports, certifications, permits, etc.
- Assists work site HSE professionals and line management in development of work site HSE promotions and campaigns.
- Promote a positive Company image during the course and scope of the performance of these duties.
- Assist in evaluation and selection of subcontractors on the basis of their HSE performance.
- Supervise the maintenance of Project HSE statistics, analyze trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- Proven experience in Pharmaceutical projects
- Fluent in Italian and in English
- A minimum of ten year’s practical experience in occupational HSE.
- Holding a Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or other allied fields.
- Knowledge of and ability to use management concepts and principles including goal setting, planning and execution.
- Possess strong knowledge of OHSAS18001 and IS014001 standards.
- Strong knowledge of relevant HSE principles.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies, procedures, guidelines and work requirements.
- Ability to prepare and update HSE statistical tracking and trending data.
- Ability to carry out incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Organizational skills
- Documentation skills
- HSE relevant trainings, NEBOSH or equivalent