HSSE Manager Amec Foster South Africa
- Requisition ID: 2017-20100
- Work Location: ZA-Johannesburg
- Department / Discipline: Mining & Minerals
- Position Type: Agency / Contract
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a HSSE Manager with extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry.
- Train employees in the concepts and requirements of the HSSE system as prescribed by law and the Amec Foster Wheeler HSSE programme. Typically, you are required to implement the Amec Foster Wheeler “Beyond Zero” HSSE program fully and provide comprehensive guidance and support to ensure workplace compliance.
- Maintain a set of procedures for use in the workplace, office and construction sites, which will specifically address all the regulations in the OHS Act in South Africa and other countries, as well as any other statutory acts that may be applicable in terms of the HSSE scope.
- Appoint HSSE personnel, reporting to you, to assist you on all the workplaces, in executing your responsibilities. You will need to ensure that these people are suitable qualified and experienced, as well as trained.
- Ensure that all statutory appointments as per the relevant workplace are in place and up to date. Maintain and improve all the relevant certifications.
- Manage, collate and report the HSSE statistics as per the Amec Foster Wheeler requirements.
- Accountable and responsible for all incident and accident investigations in line with the Amec Foster Wheeler guidelines.
- Provide input to the monthly project reports and attend all the project monthly review meetings. You need to have a close relationship with the project execution managers and the overall leadership. You will be required to give your input and support.
- Spend time on the construction sites to audit, evaluate and lead corrective actions to maintain the highest HSSE standards as prescribed.
- Align yourself and the implementation of the HSSE standards with the Amec Foster Wheeler quality assurance system.
- Set HSSE targets for the Africa operation unit which align with the specific objectives for all the HSSE people reporting to you. You need to evaluate their work performance and address any shortfalls or gaps. You are required to work closely with HR to achieve your goals.
- Conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner in line with Amec Foster Wheeler values. You will be required to interact with all the Amec Foster Wheeler clients to ensure that their expectations are met in terms of HSSE.
- Travel to projects sites on a regular basis or even stay for longer durations on site to ensure the effective implementation of the AFW policies and procedures as well as the establishment of a desirable safety culture.
Skills / Qualifications
- National Diploma in Safety Management
- Construction and Mining background (at least ten years)
- Senior Management experience
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse SHE statistical data including graphical presentation
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse Risk data including graphical presentation
- Ability to facilitate risk assessment processes
- Ability to develop and present subject related training
- Knowledge on ISO 31000 (Risk), OHSAS 18001 (Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environment)
- Knowledge on PMBOK Project Management principals.
Interested and qualified candidates should Apply below