HSSE Advisor Shell Petroleum Kazakhstan
Skillpool group: Health Safety Environment & Security
Reference ID: 80679BR
The HSE Adviser will be expected to:
- Provide HSE discipline input to the Shell Kazakhstan Asset Management Team to support delivery of a risk based approach for the NOVs in line with Shell Group JV Governance requirements and HSSE&SP Control Framework requirements (or materially equivalent standards)
- Provide HSE functional support to implement the SK and Shell Upstream S&E Improvement Plan.
- Provide HSE functional support on new business development projects in KZ
This position will require working closely with and influencing the:
HSE teams of the SK Assets and Shell Upstream Joint Ventures
Various teams and functions within SK
Consultants and Service Providers
- Coordinate development of annual SK HSE plan and risk management plan actions.
- Monitor closure of Shell Kazakhstan HSSE&SP related audit findings
- Coordinate HSE targets and performance reporting to Shell Upstream (including environmental performance)
- Conduct quality validation and control reviews of submitted HSE data
- Support local Internal Communications staff with issuing HSE communications to Shell Kazakhstan staff.
- Support SK’s Environmental legislation advocacy efforts.
- Maintain oversight of and support JV GHG management planning, including asset CO2 profiles.
- Support risk based identification and oversight of key HSSE activities.
- Provide advice on safety & environmental issues to SK Asset Management Teams and to JVs (including Shell best practices sharing)
- Take part or lead HSE focused influencing or improvement activities with JV HSE teams.
- Coordination of the learning from incidents process (Shell to JVs and JVs to Shell)
- Coaching and mentoring SK line supervisors on safety & environment (S&E), raise staff awareness on S&E and S&E events.
- Act as focal point for HSE sulphur transportation support
Support the SK Safety Leadership program.
Experience and Qualifications Required
A university degree in a technical area. International OH&S and/or Environmental qualification is a plus.
Minimum 10 years of HSE or Operational experience within an operating Upstream asset or projects.
Strong personal integrity and courage to intervene.
Ability to work in a multi- disciplinary and multi-cultural team with members of various backgrounds.
This position requires a motivated individual able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
Good organizational skills and ability to manage data.
Good communications skills in English (both written and verbal)
Ability to handle emergencies and sensitive issues.
Proven skills to deliver under time pressure
HSE in Kazakhstan business environment is not delivered without diverse challenges. Losses caused by the lack of control of HSE risks can be devastating to people, our assets, reputation and the environment and jeopardize realizing the full potential of our efforts. To achieve successful business, we must achieve an outstanding HSE performance.
Shell Kazakhstan team is diverse from functional perspective and people are of different experience and background.
Shell Kazakhstan is a part of Shell’s Upstream Non-Operated Ventures (UPN) line of business and functions under UPN plans and assurance model.
Incumbent will be getting high level work directions but will be expected to deliver high-quality product independently as an individual contributor (no direct reports)
Incumbent will be expected to make occasional field trips to assets locations (i.e. Aksai, Atyrau). When required, international business travel is part of the job.