HSSE Advisor Job in UK
Requisition ID 2019-59961
Position Type Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE Advisor with extensive experience in the marine, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
Primary role to support the Marine HSE Lead. Be highly skilled in report writing, and the ability to lead accident and incident investigations. Must have previous experience within a Marine / dockyard environment or equivalent high risk SIMOPS experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implementing annual Group HSE improvement plans in line with Company and Client strategic and business unit objectives.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the Wood HSSE Performance Standards. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Managing, if applicable, the project HSE interface requirements; ensuring compliance with all existing interface documents and in the development of future plans.
- Managing HSE incident investigations and undertake the appropriate reporting requirements.
- Communicating the important messages from incidents, safety observation reports and accidents as a part of the lessons-learned process to all relevant parties.
- Promoting and communicating lessons-learned from within their own project; reporting deficiencies within project and corporate functions and recording all reportable issues within IMPact and CAIRS.
- Ensuring the project rescue/emergency response arrangements are in place and are communicated to all personnel; ensuring that project requirements align with Client requirements if these take precedence.
- Liaising with and building relationship with Client HSE Reps and Site Safety Reps as required.
- Managing attendance and participation at HSE meetings, workshops and forums.
- Maintaining a system for monitoring HSE performance.
- Developing/implementing an site HSE visit programme for both self and for project/contract management and for Corporate HSE management.
- Promoting workforce involvement in all HSE activities, initiatives and programmes.
- Minimum Qualification – NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- IOSH – Grad IOSH
- Suitable demonstrable experience as a HSSE Advisor in a Marine or Dockyard environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and be comfortable with report writing