HSSE Advisor Job in London – Shell
Reference ID: 115252BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Work Location: London – Strand
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 22-Aug-2019
This position provides direct leadership, tools, training and support on Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) matters within Shipping & Maritime. Shares a common workload with Shipping & Maritime HSSE staff group providing expertise in all areas of HSSE support.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead HSSE Auditor (LOD2), with scope including Shipping & Maritime business risk, contracted shipyard & fabrication yard activities for periodic drydocking of our operated fleet of ~40 vessels, and ongoing HSSE supervision of existing maritime projects globally.
- Assurance & SME support of Shipping & Maritime business implementation of Group Risk & HSSE Control Framework Manuals. Monitor & verify that remedial actions arising out of all Risk Management activities are incorporated into short and long term HSSE plans based on their risk rankings.
- Drive the implementation of the HSSE Maritime Standards across Shipping & Maritime network of regions, assisting in development of regional documentation and with maintenance of global documentation.
- HSSE team Focal Point in supporting S&M Contract Owners & Contract Holders related to HSSE&SP CF Contractor HSSE management compliance. A member of the S&M Contractor HSSE steering team in conjunction with C&P & Business Lead. Maintain oversight of the S&M contracts HSSE data, including governance of HSSE risk allocation for S&M contracts.
- Maintain the HSSE Competence Assurance Framework / Program for Shipping & Maritime and provide periodic HSSE training.
- Incident investigation Subject Matter Expert (SME). Knowledgeable in analysis of Significant and High-Risk Incidents. Able to mentor local staff to develop their own incident investigation and analysis skills.
- SME in Hazards & Effects Management Process (HEMP) and bow-tie barrier management, and HAZOP practitioner.
- Assist in the development of HSSE Plans for the Shipping & Maritime businesses that systematically implement HSSE priorities for the various regions, aligning such plans with Trading & Supply HSSE plan.
- General HSSE governance and assurance, including on-going Risk Management activity.
- General HSSE programs and support systems including, Shell Group initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining Risk Management Procedures within Shipping & Maritime.
- Ensure competency to provide assurance of qualified Assessor for HSSE Critical Leaders.
- ngage with GM-1 to provide HSSE Coaching with Shipping & Maritime community.
- Provide HSSE SME support to regional offices (Houston, Singapore and Rotterdam) as requested.
- Work with the local/regional HSSE advisors/focal points in each country to ensure assurance obligations are being managed.
- Provide HSSE functional support, guidance and expertise for projects and routine business.
- Support Shipping & Maritime leadership with participation in, regular site visits and contractor engagements.
- Preference is for a Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) technical professional, or business front line operations experience
- With extensive varied technical and operations HSSE experience combined with the interpersonal skills to manage and influence the HSSE activities of diverse organisation, including experience in either shipyard or fabrication yard HSSE assurance
- The individual should have suitable related HSSE qualification(s) or certification for the role, including lead auditor competency, or willing to work towards suitable HSSE qualification(s)
- Practitioner in Causal Investigation methodology, TRIPOD or equivalent root cause incident analysis
- HAZOP practitioner
- Ability to develop effective relationships across multiple organisational interfaces with many priorities that may be in conflict
- Excellent communication and Stakeholder Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, communicate and influence in a diverse environment
- Ability to integrate, simplify and manage complex issues with appropriate focus on both apparent HSSE risk and business objectives
- Strong track record in HSSE delivery and support especially to Senior Leaders within their current Business unit
- Experience in implementing operational safety initiatives and HSSE audit/review
- Must be able to motivate, coach and influence.