Job Ref: 115219BR
Job Location: Bengaluru, India
Job Type: Full Time
Vacancy exist for the post of a HSSE Advisor Job in India with Shell.
The role requires a deep understanding of Process Technical Safety functional expertise, a good oversight on the broad HSSE agenda for STCB to support PTX to deliver Safer Technology, an enterprise first drive towards Goal Zero, collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, and business partnering, with the key focus on:
· Providing leadership to the process safety management at site for various scale of experiments, and internal/external pilot plants while adopting a pragmatic approach to manage the HSSE risk and support business in demonstrating ALARP.
· Driving the implementation of the Hazards & Effects Management Process and consistent RAM application and ALARP Demonstration.
· Driving Process Safety Fundamentals in technology and lab users space.
· Lead risk assessment studies of new technologies so that process safety inputs can be provided.
· Own the site HSSE MS “Managing Risk” process with ownership of the Site “Hazards and Effects Register”, including the required templates for risk assessments that various LoBs follow. Align the approaches for risk management with other technology centers.
· Engaging the contractors and front-line staffs through tool box talks, trainings and sharing learnings.
· Leading the “Incident Review Panel” to review incidents, effectiveness of investigation, actions close out and learnings.
· Leading LFI publications as appropriate from incident investigations of significance and sharing across other Technology Centers specifically related to Process Safety.
· Input to the annual HSE Management Review on Process Safety.
· Leading the incident investigations on Process Safety.
The candidate must be able to work with different stakeholders who execute the actions in the field to perform the process safety review and demonstrate ALARP. Candidate needs to understand the customer’s need and provide risk-based solution without compromising HSSE standards.
The candidate must be able to provide support to more senior persons in the organization in a constructive and productive manner and be able to coach less senior team colleagues.
Candidate will be reporting to the Site HSSE Manager.
The ideal candidate would have:
· Knowledge level in “Risk Management” with knowledge/experience of:
· Demonstration and Documentation of ALARP
· Conducting HAZID Exercise and Carrying out HEMP
· Input to the Risk Inventory and Evaluation (as required by Dutch Law) on Process Safety matters
· Process Safety Fundamentals
· Process Safety Reviews (HAZOP, DSR etc.),
· Technical Pre-Start-up Safety reviews (PSSR)
· Identification & implementation of critical equipment and critical activities,
· Process safety incident investigation, assessment and categorization
Knowledge level in “Safeguarding” with demonstrated knowledge/experience in:
· Relief scenarios identification, relief load calculation assumptions, and flare system design
· Safeguarding- hardware design, blowdowns, drains
· Hazardous area classification,
· Lock Out Tag Out
Knowledge level in “Technical Safety Fundamentals” with demonstrated experience in design requirements and compliance elements, operational safety, review of design documents and management of changes.
Knowledge Level in Shell Process Technical Safety TSE-101, HEMP-101, HAZOP-100, QRA, FRED PEM, SHEPHERD, Incident Investigation and learning using TRIPOD methodology and HSSE & SP in Projects.
· Business Partnering – Knowledge
· Change Management – Knowledge
· Intervention and Facilitation – Knowledge
· Team Player and Collaboration- Skilled
· Chemical Engineering background and experience in an operating asset is preferred.
· At least 5 + years’ experience in Technical/ process safety
· Experience in HSSE cultural improvement initiatives at site would be an added advantage.
· Effective communication, presentation, influencing and business writing skills.
· Good report writing skills
· Coaching skills to effectively support less senior team members.
How to Apply:
If your qualification meets the above requirement for this job, you can submit an updated copy of your CV below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you